Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Pre-Inspection GS 450h

Hi guys,

I had a pre-inspection with Lexus Coventry on Saturday, which was necessary for me to take out the extended warranty. All in all it was good, and it now has a 2 year warranty, but the following issues were picked up on the inspection:

- VVTi Oil Pipe leaking

I spend Sunday fixing the rear caliper as it was rusted on the slide pin, so I have cleaned and greased both sides and they are fine now. Has anyone ever had a leaking VVTi oil pipe and is there any info on how to replace this, can't seem to find anything on the web?

Thanks guys,

Josh

Edited by JoshW

The shock absorber sure will have a warranty on it, make me wonder if it was actually replaced or just cleaned up!

Not sure about the VVTI pipe, there are oil filters on each bank costing less than £5.00 each so I would assume there is a gasket of some sort involved on the pipework, unfortunately it isn't clear on the exploded diagram.

Regarding the vvti oil pipes if it's the same issue as mine it's the labour that cost. Apparently a lot to take apart to ge to pipes. Was many hundreds of pounds in labour alone.