Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Low front skirt

Having just touched the low front skirt on my IS300 on a motorway services kerb (again!) I wondered if anyone knows if there is a Lexus solution to the problem or has any protection suggestion. It is the (hidden) underside which gets damaged.  Really needs some sort of audible warning !

Thanks.

Did mine on a hotel car park hump months ago. Only visible if you looking at the underneath, have covered mine with black tape which cannot be seen. Would love a thin pice of plastic trim but that would reduce the clearance even more I suppose. I have a ramp when entering my Close, have to stop and then go very slow. 

If there was an audible warning it would be sounding on every speed bump.

I think the best solution is actually to reverse park into the space. The rear is slightly higher. 

TBH the car gets over normal sized kerbs but there's too many dodgy high kerbs around and in that case I just leave it parked further backwards in the space. Also, my sensors tend to pick high kerbs up anyway. 

Remember driving lessons? I got told by my instructor the front of the car will be where the bottom of the mirror lines up with the white junction line. I still use that to this day and its never failed me. Obviously dont line it up, leave it slightly back!

• 2 weeks later...

............  just seen this issue for you guys.  I have an old Mk3 Ls400 and the front skirt always scrapes and fractures even on an ordinary height kerb and this time I just had it removed and disposed of ........  not a perfect 21 year old car anymore but it saves me worrying about the damn thing ...  and tbh it looks absolutely fine too.

Malc

• 2 weeks later...

I had to park near to this kerb in Exeter today, it's one of the highest I have ever seen so I decided to measure it!

It comes in at a cool 210mm (about 8 1/4 inches to us oldies!) and you really need to be careful when you open your doors too!!

Kerb.jpg

Just returned from France where there are many kerb "hazards" especially for the UK driver approaching from a different angle.  Wonderfully smooth and uncrowded roads though. Am very careful now after past kerb scrapes in France and have put gorilla tape on underside of skirt to provide some protection.

Incidentally RichyRich I noticed in a mway services rubbish bin something in two pieces that looked very like your front splitter above. Maybe another kerb casualty?  

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links