Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi I'm after some advice I'm thinking of buying a GS 300 2007 but I have come across some horror stories regarding oil consumption one place said all v6 engines in this model will suffer with this problem. I can't be doing with another oil burner just got rid of a r56 mini cooper s horrendous it was using 1 litre of oil every 800 miles main dealer said this was acceptable anyway are these stories about the GS true or is it just a few isolated incidents. I suppose another way would be to ask is there anyone with a GS 300 that doesn't use any oil thanks in advance.

As a general advise regarding oil consumption - you should ask about the oil the engine is running on. Same engine can burn a lot of some thin 0w20 but be fine with 5w30 or 5w50. Also general quality is important my previous accord was taking 250ml per 600miles of some Mobil 1 5w30 but after switching to proper type iv syntethic from amsoil it dropped to 100-150 max.

Of course 800ml is way of the scale with any oil type :)

• 4 weeks later...

I had MK1 GS300 sport for 6 years or so and never had to top up the oil between service, same with my last GS430 which in 7 ish years never had oil topped up between services. All engines use oil (although hopefully will not burn any oil) but depending on how the car is driven and the type/quality of oil used the amount of oil consumed will vary.

My 2002 GS300 150000 miles uses exactly no oil. Best car I ever owned. Love it to death.

On a similar note to what your Mini dealer said, I owned a Toyota Verso in 2008 and my dealer said that the 1litre of oil use every 1000 miles was within normal parameters.

Bod