Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking of IS300h and have been looking at 14 plates. I've noticed though that the price of the GS300H is coming in line with the prices of the IS300H? I'm going to test drive both but it seems like the Gs could be a better deal. Both are for sale at main dealer.

Either Gs are struggling to sell or the IS300h is holding its value. On paper the GS looks a big step up from the IS 

Just changed from 15 plate IS300h Executive for a 65 plate GS300h Executive for a very good price from main dealer - ex demonstrator. On the facelift models there is stacks of extra kit considering it is the entry level GS:-  Adaptive cruise control, Lane keep assist,  traffic sign recognition, Lexus  premium Navigation system as standard, reversing camera, 10-way electrically adjustable, heated leather seats (memory function on drivers seat) Auto high beam space saver spare wheel instead of repair kit ...etc.
About 4 - 5 mpg down on my regular 25 mile commute compared to the IS on 17" wheels, but the GS has been fitted with 18" wheels. My insurance company also gave me a refund ,  on annual premium so cheaper to insure as well (at least for me!)  Only minus point - rear seats do not fold down.

No regrets so far loving the extra comfort and features, good luck on your search!

• Like 1

Biffo, is that a silver GS from Listers with a black interior? If it is, I test drove it a couple of times, it's a nice car.

I went for a new GS Exec Edition in the end and I'm really pleased with it.

Hope you enjoy yours!

Yes, it was the Silver one at Listers with black interior, think they were keen to order a replacement demo car to help with their new car sales for end of month figures.

New List Prices on GS were also increased in October as well.

Definitely enjoying it, favourite new feature is adaptive cruise control, great on motorway !

Well test drove the Gs300h today and I have to say I was a bit disappointed. Suspension was more bumpy than I was expecting and had some wind noise around when driving on motorway. Car was an SE so wasn't on big wheels or sports suspension. Agree with other comment car is massive but not much rear passenger room. Oh well will give the IS300h a run

I think they improved the ride when they facelifted the GS, but I also think that the ride is a bit firm. I find that mine smothers the small bumps well, so it's not jittery, but it is firm over large bumps. I haven't noticed any wind noise in mine, but there is a far bit of road noise over some surfaces. I think there is an element of it being more noticeable because everything else is so quiet, but I think it's also the harshness of the noise that makes it more obvious.

Hope the IS works better for you.

• Like 1

I went from a 14 plate IS300h (Luxury) to a 64 plate GS300h F Sport.  Sure, the GS is bigger (not huge amount of rear leg room though considering) and the feel and quality of the materials is generally higher in the GS but, to me, the GS is poor against the IS when you're pushing on.  The IS feels more nimble and lively compared to the GS - I guess that was the design intent - the IS more dynamic to drive?  I miss this driving feel in the GS - even in Sport S+ with the firmer suspension - and I miss the TFT screen from the IS which shows audio info and nav.  The GS's TFT shows nowt much more than fuel status and economy.  And don't get me started on the infotainment in the GS!  A nice 12.3" screen but in radio DAB its shows nothing more than the station you are listening to.  Even when the whole screen is audio is still only shows, say, BBC Radio 2 DAB.  A 12.3" screen and that's all it shows.  WTF.    My wife's Juke says who the presenter is, which programme it is and who the artist and track is of the song being played.  I love the GS but there are some niggles.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Habu said:

I went from a 14 plate IS300h (Luxury) to a 64 plate GS300h F Sport.  Sure, the GS is bigger (not huge amount of rear leg room though considering) and the feel and quality of the materials is generally higher in the GS but, to me, the GS is poor against the IS when you're pushing on.  The IS feels more nimble and lively compared to the GS - I guess that was the design intent - the IS more dynamic to drive?  I miss this driving feel in the GS - even in Sport S+ with the firmer suspension - and I miss the TFT screen from the IS which shows audio info and nav.  The GS's TFT shows nowt much more than fuel status and economy.  And don't get me started on the infotainment in the GS!  A nice 12.3" screen but in radio DAB its shows nothing more than the station you are listening to.  Even when the whole screen is audio is still only shows, say, BBC Radio 2 DAB.  A 12.3" screen and that's all it shows.  WTF.    My wife's Juke says who the presenter is, which programme it is and who the artist and track is of the song being played.  I love the GS but there are some niggles.

I believe the GS is being replaced soon after the LS. Both will be on the newer platform and use the new infotainment system from the LC. The facelift models has the latest infotainment system from the RX which is much better than the ones the non-facelifted ones.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links