Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How do I get into my LS430 with a key?

The LS430 is an amazing car and when you buy one some things are omitted from your normal driving life such as:

• Ever hearing the engine running in normal driving
  • Ever having the need to switch on your wipers
  • Ever having the need to switch on your lights
  • Ever having the need to look for the key hole or inserting the key in the ignition

and looking at other modern cars and thinking wish I had one of them - at least for me anyways.

Now back to the question - my ls430 does have a key hole next to the drivers door handle - hope this helps

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

Now back to the question - my ls430 does have a key hole next to the drivers door handle - hope this helps

LOL - I cannot see it... I have the same car as you - so it must be there, but I just cannot see it :D

I just usemy finger nails...a small voin suvh as give penny piece ...or a thin screw driver....try it. Not difficult. But as Crusemark says,you will never really need to!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PJD said:

Thank-you Shiner.

So in the event of needing the key, I've got to somehow "prise" it off?  Is there a particularly way of removing it

Doesn't that seem odd that a car as well built as a Lexus needs to have a piece prised off?  

• Like 1

I did mine on the driver's door when the Battery was out, but I needed to manually lock it. I find the simple plastic cover rather nice. You can get any of them out with a nail file or small electrical screwdriver. A simple finger nail can sometimes work.

• Like 1

Much better to have this protection, as the one on my old LS430, the lock was so stuck.... that when the Battery was flat, it would not unlock. I had to literally quad soak with with WD40 and 5 hours later it worked! :( ...

The trick via the light in the boot did not work for me :(

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Verbout said:

Didn't I call this at post number 2. :confused:

I think we were probably expecting a colour coded hinged cap of some kind, which in all honesty would look a bit better than a piece of old kitchen foil like mine has. 

• Like 1