Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I want to give a big thumbs up for my Lexus trained indie (having worked for Lexus for 20 years), based near junction 31 of the M1 near Sheffield. I have taken my LS 400 to Dave at Lex TeK Autos a few times over the past few months, and never fail to be impressed by his enthusiasm, encyclopaedic knowledge and outstanding value for money. It is nice to be able to take my Lexus to someone and have total confidence, without having to take out a mortgage afterwards. There is no fancy showroom, but there is a waiting area with wifi, and coffee is offered. . I wish I had found him sooner. I have no personal connections with Dave and know him only through work done on my car

• Like 1

..........  I'd be happy to contribute to a list of LOC Members independent mechanics that they would recommend ..............  is that allowed Moderators ?

Could you start one perhaps ?

Thanks

Malc

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Malc said:

..........  I'd be happy to contribute to a list of LOC Members independent mechanics that they would recommend ..............  is that allowed Moderators ?

Could you start one perhaps ?

Thanks

Malc

You should use the 'General Reviews' forum provided you have no connection with the establishment.

What isn't allowed is duplicate posts all over the site in multiple forums :angry:

Experience has shown me, that the last thing you want to do is shout about the name of a good mechanic, that is unless you are happy to always be in a Queue to get any work done. 

Mine is a great guy who sadly has type 1 diabetes and hasn't billed me for work done since April 2015 but you won't find me giving out any name.  I paid him £500 on account recently despite him not asking, and a few days ago he changed the flexi pipes from Auto Box to Rad. So, reminded him yet again to bill me as I've forgotten just how much work he has done to the Car and I must owe him another £500 at least.  

Been an expensive beast this, but now the Exhaust has been fixed with S/.S from Cats to Box I am at last enjoying the pleasure of a quieter and better performing Car.  Perhaps the Mercedes Barges are finally being banished from my memory.

I had the same thought initially, but took the less selfish view that other Lexus owners might also prefer to use an indie than pay through the nose at main dealers, especially as the skill and knowledge levels are at least on a par with the main dealer. I also take the less unselfish, but more pragmatic view that pointing new customers towards the indie is doing him a favour, it may help to keep him in business (although he seems to be doing fine), and he may be more likely to stick with the Lexus speciality. He does work on other cars of all kinds, but as far as I'm aware, he likes working on Lexuses / Lexii (not sure what the plural is, According to Alan Partridge , it's Lexii). Not worried about being in a queue, as he seems to look after his regular customers.

Funnily enough, I thought my last bill was lower than it should have been for the time taken, so I may add a bit next time. Not something that ever crossed my mind whilst using the main dealer. I still have a soft spot for Mercs, but I favour the W124 E Class, most of which which seem to have suffered from corrosion now.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links