Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Stalling And Dying

GXE10

hi guys....... anyone had this problem with their is200 b4?

2days ago..... my car seems very sluggish at low rev....... and yesterday when i was taking my car to my mechnice.... the car just stall at low rev........ the car stall when it was rolling at 60km/h, and i need to stop the car and wait for 15-30sec for the car to start again.......

when i goto the mechnice...... he found there was no error code on the ECU..... but he found that the car is running fine for 15min or so....... then it start to run very rich...... and then it just stall.....

he tries to clean the o2 sensors and did a fuel injection clean.....

but the problem still occurs.......

does anyone know whats wrong with my car? anyone had this problem b4?

pls help

i have got extractors done on the car.....

and also i have change to hiflow cat.......

my mechnice said that he tried to clean the o2 sensors already..

i hope the problem will go away soon........ the car will be in the workshop for the weekends.......

i have got extractors done on the car.....

and also i have change to hiflow cat.......

my mechnice said that he tried to clean the o2 sensors already..

i hope the problem will go away soon........ the car will be in the workshop for the weekends.......

Sounds like the catalyst substrate has failed, back pressure build up causeing the engine to stall, you may have part melted the front face of the substrate,

If the Hego sensors have failed then the Engine Malfuntion light would be illuminated, this is the little amber warning light shaped like an engine, This warning light also covers other systems on car as well, even if the it's not illuminated doesn't mean all is well with the emission system.

If it were mine the and no error codes were found stored in the ECU I would remove and check the catalyst.