Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The original owner manual will say 5/30.

My local dealership recommend 0w20 even on my older model (2009) to give it a bit more lubrication from cold with the start stop as I do a lot of short runs (3 miles) Monday to Friday.

Expensive compared to even a quality 5w30...

I took a look on the engine exploded diagram but it didn't show the location but the filter is a canister type mounted horizontally on the lower part of the block.

Part numbers are 04152-31080 for the filter and 90301-79006 for the sealing ring/gasket expect to pay around £15.00 for both.

You don't state your model year so the above is based on a 2009 UK specification model.

IMG_0344.PNG

Hi

Mine is a late 2010 and the dealter I bought from put a Helix 5w30 full synthetic in my engine. !! I do get the odd rattle on cold start. 

Now lexus quoted me £169 for oil/oil filter change or a minor service for £200. I only had it for two months.

Thanks

27 minutes ago, catchhster said:

Hi

Mine is a late 2010 and the dealter I bought from put a Helix 5w30 full synthetic in my engine. !! I do get the odd rattle on cold start. 

Now lexus quoted me £169 for oil/oil filter change or a minor service for £200. I only had it for two months.

Thanks

Bet that price is for the 0W-20 stuff.

• 3 years later...

I use 0w20 in my 2007 GS450H. This is within the specification for the car. There is a new grade of oil released 0w16 this is available in two forms. An "A" version suitable for existing cars, and a "B" version for cars specifically designed for it's use. 
I will give this oil a trial when it my next oil change is due. It is recommended for Toyota/Lexus hybrids at around £75 for 5 ltrs. Claims are for improved ware protection qualities, and more mpg.

John.

• Like 1

The filter is located at the front of the engine, slightly to the right (offside in UK). There should be a little hatch underneath it held by three screws - you shouldn't need to remove the whole undertray - the drain plug should be aft of the undertray.

(This info is based on my previous IS250 which uses the 2.5 litre version of the GS450h engine)

Note that it is very likely that you will need the special cup wrench to undo the filter cover - these are often done up too tightly (torque setting is 18ft lbs). Don't risk damaging the filter cover by using other means. You can get the cup wrench from eBay - various brands - I have a Laser one. (Cup wrench for Toyota V6 engine)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links