Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS200 Skid Car

Welcome to the build thread for my IS200 (I hope this is in the right section?).

I recently picked up this IS200 to use for learning to drift. I also own an s14a but I have spent far to much money on it to risk smashing it whilst I learn hence the purchase of the lexus! 

So first up the spec as of now:

Exterior:
Respray obviously but looking pretty tired now
Random bonnet vent thing
CWest front bumper
TRD Skirts
TRD rear lip
E36 Ducktail
Rota Kyusha 17x9 ET12
Rota GTR 17x9.5 ET35

Interior:
Corbeau fixed back drivers bucket
Recaro speed passenger seat
Takata Harnesses 
Fully stripped ( carpets, seats, roof lining the lot)
Nardi wheel
Custom BMX grip shifter
Short shift kit 
Everything painted purple sparkles

Chassis / Suspension:
HSD Monopro coilovers
Driftworks rear camber arms
Driftworks rear toe arms
Japspeed rear tension rods
New rear subframe (painted purple of course)
Every ball joint on the car is new
Extra lock kit
Grooved front discs and fresh rear discs

Engine / Drivetrain:
Custom straight piped cat back
New radiator
Lightweight flywheel
New clutch
Welded 4.1 auto diff

And here are some pictures I took yesterday.

DSC_0264.JPG

DSC_0266.JPG

DSC_0271.JPG

DSC_0290.JPG

So far the only mods I have done are a fresh set of Neo chrome lugs as the old ones were mismatched and worn and I changed the dash cluster and ignition ring LED's for some blue ones so it now looks like this:

dec92878-e864-4fff-93cc-fdd191cf8ea2_zps

And the rest of the interior (or lack of)

20161012_172235_zpsqf7exp5i.jpg

eb79a5cd-a435-4ba9-8a05-cf3776f37864_zps

So that is how she sits at the moment. I did my first ever drift day in it on Sunday just gone which was awesome. It was very wet so I did a lot of spinning but learnt loads and did better then I expected. Hopefully be doing another in a couple of weeks. Only have a couple of not so great pictures of it on track but here they are anyway.

FB_IMG_1477246243040_zpspmv4pb81.jpg

received_10154740260640921_zpsglow1prj.j

Anyway. I have a few plans for the car and a few things to fix but need a bit of advice which I am hoping everyone here can help me with.

First and most immediate fix is I have an issue with the O2 sensor in the exhaust  I believe it is the one after the main cat (would that be right?) which is throwing my EML light on. Going to do a bit of investigation and see exactly what the issue with the sensor is, the car still seems to run totally fine but then again maybe I wouldn't notice if it wasn't as I haven't had it very long.

Next up I would quite like to get a S/S manifold as I have read that the precats can break down and cause issues if the car is driven hard and obviously when drifting it gets driven pretty hard so would like to avoid this. So I was looking at the toyosports manifold on eBay but again I have read that the positioning of the second sensor can come into contact with the firewall as it sits really close, what are the possible fixes for this and is this manifold alright?

I also need to fix the rear fitment as it is a bit ghetto right now and scrubs on big bumps, need to lower it and add some camber so should be doing that soon.

I am also planning on getting a hydro handbrake to help me out a little as the standard handbrake is ok but would like the bit extra a hydro gives.

Then the bodywork needs some tidying up but that can wait till after winter and after I have done a few more drift days as I will undoubtedly break something.

Finally I expect to be spending most of my money on actual drift days and tyres. 

Anyway, thanks for reading and looking forward to the feedback!

And people have the brass neck to say Lexus are for old farts!

Good on you Jesse; I never ever turn-off the traction on my IS300 (too many damaged wheels in my youth). And SWMBO loves the colour. Keep us informed!