Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

lS400s for sale, nubers falling

8 hours ago, 4x4steve said:

i can tell you from experience its as nice as it looked, time will tell if i paid to much

Ah ha, the mystery owner has joined us, I never saw this one for sale, was it on the island all it's life?

Welcome to the LOC.

7 hours ago, The-Acre said:

Aha, there you are! Welcome to the LOC and it would be appreciated if you could post some photos for us all to see.  And if you find yourself in West Sussex at any time it would be great to see it in the flesh.  Enjoy!

Well so far after alot of giggling i found my first problem  a wet boot, so researching that, at the mo, a new seal from eBay seems to be the cure, i will do some pics when the rain has gone so you can see it looking its best, any requests, lol

Do you want thr pics in this thread or else whe, i guess i could do a new member thread, lol

7 hours ago, steve2006 said:

Ah ha, the mystery owner has joined us, I never saw this one for sale, was it on the island all it's life?

Welcome to the LOC.

I had been stalking a few for a while but was super keen on a beigh free motor, rang the next day ans put a deposit on it, but paperwoork  took untill friday, 

It was a uk car exported in 2000 to the island only to return recenty, looking at the sat nav i guess he came to the uk plenty in it tho

Thanks for the welcome, i am no stranger to forums having owned a hilux pickup of one sort or another for a while

8 minutes ago, 4x4steve said:

Well so far after alot of giggling i found my first problem  a wet boot, so researching that, at the mo, a new seal from ebay seems to be the cure, i will do some pics when the rain has gone so you can see it looking its best, any requests, lol

Do you want thr pics in this thread or else whe, i guess i could do a new member thread, lol

ETS59 is the stuff you want, 5 metres of it, from this site.SEALS DIRECT WEBSITE.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4x4steve said:

Well so far after alot of giggling i found my first problem  a wet boot, so researching that, at the mo, a new seal from ebay seems to be the cure, i will do some pics when the rain has gone so you can see it looking its best, any requests, lol

Maybe do a new thread in case it gets overlooked.  The wet boot affects every LS400 owner, thankfully a minor issue.

5 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

Maybe do a new thread in case it gets overlooked.  The wet boot affects every LS400 owner, thankfully a minor issue.

In 3 x Ls400s and 15 years none of mine have leaked in the boot !  ( yet fingers xd ) :whistling1:

Malc1

Had the same problem, but good advice from this forum solved it,  Removed seal. cleaned it thoroughly and refitted with silicon seal, let it dry two days then smeared silicon grease along all parts of seal and boot lip.  Did it for me.  Hope you get sorted, lovely cars.

1 minute ago, 4x4steve said:

ah cheers, i have found them, but the profile looks slightly different, i assume that it will seal better because of it

ETS59small.jpg

I was advised on a thread a few years back, as were a few others, to use this firm, which I did with good results.....no more water in boot.

I'm not saying the silicone method won't work, but why bother, when a new seal is cheap and quick to fit, with no mess.

If you try the silicone, and it doesn't work, you'll have to clean it all off, a right pain of a job.

If you type boot seal in the search box, and search the LS forum, you'll see a couple of threads on the subject.

52 minutes ago, mikeyv said:

I was advised on a thread a few years back, as were a few others, to use this firm, which I did with good results.....no more water in boot.

I'm not saying the silicone method won't work, but why bother, when a new seal is cheap and quick to fit, with no mess.

If you try the silicone, and it doesn't work, you'll have to clean it all off, a right pain of a job.

If you type boot seal in the search box, and search the LS forum, you'll see a couple of threads on the subject.

no thats cool, i may of erm tried the silicon method, i am used to the silly prices bmw charge for anything, if i had known i would of just ordered a new seal, so yeh, i shal  be ordering one and scraping the silicon "someone" left behind :whistling1:

• Like 1

Just having a look on what's on offer on Fleabay.

This one made me smile when described as having an "immaculate interior" and then you look at the pictures of the front footwell and rear footwell.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-Ls400-Long-MOT-/322329086040?hash=item4b0c4f8858:g:mG0AAOSwNRdYAVy4

At the other end of the scale this one looks a lot better.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-LS400-Rare-DHP-Retro-JDM-Classic-1UZ-FE-/182360611172?hash=item2a758a1964:g:0DEAAOSwux5YMfzo

The first Car is a no no with that rust above the Windscreen. Seats look great and whyever didn't they hoover the Carpet and take the clutter out. Sudden decision to sell always spells trouble.

Second car must be the only one I've ever seen for sale showing a full tank. Usually on the empty mark.  

On 21/11/2016 at 4:11 PM, 4x4steve said:

I

Thanks for the welcome, i am no stranger to forums having owned a hilux pickup of one sort or another for a while

You are welcome to these Gratis, for the cost of postage if interested?  BOXED SET BRAND NEW FRONT brake pads REF BP844 BY QUINTON HAZELL (Equiv to MDP1235)
FOR
TOYOTA 4 RUNNER 91-95
TOYOTA HI-LUX 95-