Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Drive mode

Just wondered what drive modes people use most often.

Personally I only use Eco for start stop traffic, day to day local runs in normal and faster roads and motorways I use sports + ( I do find now that the suspension is firmer in s+)

Normal 99% of the time as it's mainly town driving. The car chooses the EV/engine balance automatically so I can't really see the point of the Eco mode, it just makes the throttle response aggravating slow IMO

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Normal 99% as well. Eco makes the car less responsive for little or no effect in MPG. Sport makes it more responsive but drinks more petrol. I find there is enough power in normal mode anyway. I have on occasion put it in sport mode to overtake quickly, or if I am fully laden, which is not that often, but that is about it. 

Also 99%% in normal. Eco is just annoying, and made no difference to fuel consumption when I tried it (ditto on another family member's Yaris hybrid). Sport also has marginal impact in my experience, given that you can summon maximum power by flooring the throttle. My suspicion is that the whole drive mode select thing, and the unnecessarily prominent and clunky shift lever, are there to reassure non-hybrid drivers, and buyers looking at non-hybrid competitors equipped with conventional drivetrains. Personally, I'd rather Lexus had deleted the drive modes and the gimmicky rev counter, and used the cash saved to make the HUD standard across the range.