Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX 450 ACC/PCS

Hi all, it's been a year or so since I was last on here, I had an RX400h and did a carpet transplant on it!

I'm now in a position to buy an RX450h, test drove one at a Lexus dealer today - wow, I want one (but not the one I drove for various reasons). I'm going to go for the SE-L Premier so I get the spec I want (ML audio, ACC and sunroof). So it'll be a pre facelift/ pre 2012 in any case.

Im really looking for feedback on the ACC - if it's any good, does it work well at night or in bad weather etc. I understand it only operates above 30mph, is this correct? And also the PCS - is this 'always on', does it work etc?! I couldn't find much on the internet about these systems and the dealer wasn't too clued up on it as it's 'old tech' now. 

The dealer I went to today wasn't my nearest, I went to Lexus Croydon and was very impressed by the staff there, probably the best car dealership experience I've ever had (and I've been in a few 😆).

Anyway, hoping someone can fill me in on the ACC/PCS feedback, thanks.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I have got a 59 plate RX450 SEL Prem with ACC/PCS and find it excellent use a lot for keeping distance from traffic on motorway easy to use and you can adjust distance 3 diff settings, available above 30mph but will drop below and if speed drops below 25mph switches off but does alert you. You can increase max speed setting in 5mph increments. PCS is on all time and will warn you in HUD and bleeps if a car gets to close in front flashes BRAKE and if you dont react it brakes but on few occasions it has come on i have braked not willing to risk it! ML hifi is superb.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I opted for for ACC/PCS option in the configuration I ordered last year.

ACC is more straight forward as allows cruise control to dynamically adjust the speed and tracking tracking the vehicle in front of the car. This is such an amazing feature specially if you're driving miles on motorway. Life saver and huge stress release from averaging speed.

The PCS is more subtle and always ON. Light comes on suggesting "brake brake" in case the car senses driver is too close to other vehicle and is not braking where he/she should. This is a safety feature and I have found useful in slow moving traffic or accelerating out of busy traffic lights. Hope you don't get to see much of that as that tells you driver is not paying attention to road. In last 18 months I have seen two-three times and is a good reminder to slow down.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links