Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

MPH to KM/H?

Hi all, I'm toying with the idea of switching from my RX400h to an IS300h, most likely in F Sport spec. Thanks to exchange rates, buying from the UK (I'm in Ireland) is becoming a no-brainer as there are very few available here, and the savings will run to the thousands.

One thing that would bug me about a UK sourced car is reverting back to imperial units. I assume that the speedo can't be changed to metric without replacing clocks etc., is it possible to change the navigation/odometer to metric in the settings?

Pretty sure the odometer can be changed from Miles to Km as I can change my Irish car from KM to miles.

In regard to the speed display UK cars will have large MPH numbers and smaller KM/h numbers on the non fsport.

The fsport may be just a simple change that changes both speedo and Odo to KM/h

Just bank the cost savings it won't bother you too much.

2 hours ago, BMJD said:

Hi all, I'm toying with the idea of switching from my RX400h to an IS300h, most likely in F Sport spec. Thanks to exchange rates, buying from the UK (I'm in Ireland) is becoming a no-brainer as there are very few available here, and the savings will run to the thousands.

One thing that would bug me about a UK sourced car is reverting back to imperial units. I assume that the speedo can't be changed to metric without replacing clocks etc., is it possible to change the navigation/odometer to metric in the settings?

The speedo on the F-Sport is digital anyway

If you go into the settings you can change it from mph to km/h or vice versa with ease.

1 hour ago, tayaste said:

I can change mine just by moving up and down on the steering wheel controls until it shows kph/mph then move left or right to select. 

Yh that's what I meant by settings. I think you probably have to do it in the nav as well

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links