Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS300H Noise from Rear of Car

When travelling up and down the m61 there are sections that have recently been resurfaced and I get this 'howling' noise which immediately disappears when back on the old surface. I'm running eagle 3 assymetrics on the rear and the original bridgestones on the front. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2016 at 8:04 AM, Is300howner said:

Hi!

I'm also having the same "problem". Just bought my 2014 Is300h a month ago. Not before recently I've notived noise from the car mainly around 50-60 km/h and espescially when slightly accelerating or decelerating. The noice is not depending on the rpm, but the speed of the car. I got the dealer to put on brand new michelin tires before I got it, and as far as I can see they are from 2016, so I dont think that bad tire quality is the reason. Just like you, I think it sounds more like the noise you have when a bearing has failed, but its the same either in corners or driving straight ahead, so the bearings should be ok. I might have a technician to look at it for me. I'll let you know the result if they find anything wrong,  but I'm afraid thats just how the car should be. 

Sorry for my "noobie" english, I'm not english 😀

Hi,  have you done any diagnostic, any news where the noise is coming from? This noise is driving me crazy when driving

On 11/5/2016 at 11:32 PM, accordian said:

Recently purchased a used (2013) IS300H. Really enjoying my first Lexus and the IS300H is a pleasure to drive.

The car is generally very quiet. However, I am a little concerned about a 'howling' sort of sound coming from the rear of the car. This is most noticeable when travelling above approx 40/50mph. The sound doesn't sound like a tyre noise, diff whine or failed wheel bearing noise.

As I haven't driven another IS300H, I'm not sure if this noise is 'standard'.

Any advice?

Perhaps the wheel balance weights?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links