Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I've been enjoying the premium audio in my 2000 GS300 since I bought it over 18 months ago. I'd toyed with the idea of fitting an all singing all dancing Sat nav unit in place of the CD Nav system. But to be honest I quite like the functions available on the stock screen - trip info and the CC interface is nice.

After burning many many CDs for the CD changer, I've decided to give something a punt. £55 of Connects2 interface for the CD changer port. I didn't like the relay mod, and that will slowly kill the laser in the CD player anyway as it has to fool the player int o reading a CD but just bypasses the audio.

So the hope is that I can get the CTALXUSB002 to work with my HU.

The reason for this, my iPod and massive music collection!

And before you ask, I went for the Aux version rather than the iPod version so I can do what I love - custom work. If the interface works I will be replacing the ash tray and cigarette lighter with a single din Bluetooth and iPod capable headunit, running the preamp out into the Aux adapter. The Aux adapter will be run into the stock system and volume can be set and left on the main headunit.

If this works I'll post the results and what I did here. If it doesn't I will be really disappointed! Fingers crossed!

Unit has arrived, connector is different to my CD nav.

But from a quick look it appears there is the usual black/yellow/red power set on the harness, a shielded pair (audio) a selection of grounds, and a green/greenBK  pair for what I assume is "changer control"

All I need are some pinouts for mine and the next model headunit and I'll be able to confirm if a loom mod is possible.

• Like 1

Will do, I need some confirmation on the wiring colours and connector configurations on my 2000 GS Navigator with CD nav and a 2001 equivalent - tigerfish if you are out there could you help me out at all please?

All the diagrams I think are of use below, including post 2000 cars in case anyone else needs later ones who finds this post.

Mk2 Radio and Player.pdf

Mk2 Navigation.pdf

Mk2 Radio up to June 2000.pdf

Mk2 Radio from July 2000.pdf

Mk2 Nav up to June 2000.pdf

Mk2 Nav from July 2000.pdf

Excellent, thank you Tigerfish. Looks to me that the CD changer audio always goes direct to the amp electrically but the connects 2 adaptor is meant to plug into the headunit I thought, so the trick is going to be finding the right connector.....

You might also consider looking at Beatsonic adaptors. With an MVA 13L (and a little modification) it was possible to convert an SC430 head unit to double din + add a DLS A5, JL subs, etc retaining much of the factory steering wheel control and all of the sat nav. It's mostly aimed at the US market but I know Beatsonic will sometimes make up 'one off' custom adaptors.

On 11/12/2016 at 9:58 PM, Neil E said:

You might also consider looking at Beatsonic adaptors. With an MVA 13L (and a little modification) it was possible to convert an SC430 head unit to double din + add a DLS A5, JL subs, etc retaining much of the factory steering wheel control and all of the sat nav. It's mostly aimed at the US market but I know Beatsonic will sometimes make up 'one off' custom adaptors.

I think that for a lot more money I'd likely still be in the same boat I'm in now.

The setup on the 2000 Navigator seems for whatever reason more "complicated" as far as aftermarket fiddling goes than the previous generation or latter years of the Mk2. 
I have a feeling that I'm not going to get much of a stab at this int he next week or so, but I can at least try and do the background work now thanks to Rick (TigerFish)

I'm struggling with the circuit schematics if i'm honest, I have the connects2 loom and looking at the pinout on it reading top left to top right, then bottom left to right, from the back (wireside) of the connector i have:

1 - Yellow, Fused 12V feed - so B+
2 - Brown, I suspect ground, but as this doesn't pin out to 10-12 it may be something else!
3 - N/C
4 - White - part of a shielded pair so signal "-"
5 - Red - as above signal "+"
6 - Red - I suspect ACC+
7 - N/C
8 - Green -TX"+"
9 - Green/Black - TX"-"
10 - Black - When connected the main box shorts to 11 and 12 - GND
11 - Black (loop 12) - GND
12 - Black (loop 11) - GND

So in addition to whatt he legendary TigerFish has provided can anyone get hold of the definitive connector orientations/pinouts for the MK2 1999-2000 GS300 and the 2001-2005 GS300?

Please?

Can you do a pic of the connectors you have, and give the wire colours?

None of the plugs on the back of my 2001 GS430 matched the aux lead connectors from 3rd parties either for the year and model details. I can pull the head unit on mine at the weekend to check those. So far, it leads me to believe that Lexus didn't use the same ***** they had documents for... lol.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

• Like 1

1 - Yellow, Fused 12V feed - so B+
2 - Brown - probably mute (courtesy of Connects2 Technical)
3 - N/C
4 - White - part of a shielded pair so signal "-"
5 - Red - as above signal "+"
6 - Red - I suspect ACC+
7 - N/C
8 - Green -TX"+"
9 - Green/Black - TX"-"
10 - Black - When connected the main box shorts to 11 and 12 - GND
11 - Black (loop 12) - GND
12 - Black (loop 11) - GND

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links