Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus is250 se-l no paddle shifters

peachy

Well today I traded in my troublesome is220d for the is250 se-l.

I must say I'm absolutely delighted with the car but I've noticed there are no paddle shifters on the wheel. I thought all is250 autos had the shifters as standard . The car is 2010 plate.

I'm not that fussed as wouldn't really use them but just thought it came with the paddles or am I mistaken . 

Just to add I visited lexus Wolverhampton today for a nose around and they had an is250 se-I 2010 plate for sale that also didn't have the paddle shifters fitted. I guessing they left them out for that model and year for some reason . 

• 3 weeks later...

I very rarely use mine. I checked that they worked during the test drive and can't remember if I've even used them again since then.

I did use them more in my previous car (also a 250) for engine braking because the brakes in that car were quite poor.

Yeah.. but in IS250 there are very limited situation where you can use them for braking, I believe mostly between like 60-30 MPH, but it won't really allow you to change to first and whole effect is not that great.

There was a tread no so long ago discussing all possible situations where paddles were useful.. and there were not that many. Obviously, when you want to overtake on A/B road it makes sense to put into "S" as it drops it to 4th gear and keeps it. In 2010+ F-Sport you can change down without even changing to S, so it kind of makes even more sense, bu pre-face lift models are quite limited.

My is250 f sport has the paddle shifters. Not sure about the other models but I believe all the f sport cars have the paddles as standard. 

I did toy with them last weekend driving home from snowdonia to hereford and to be fair I don't really see any use for them. Some of you guys may disagree but coming from the is220d and it's horrendous gearbox I'm very happy to slip it into drive and let the car take care of the gear changes. 

I can't tell you how delighted I am with this car. The drive is sublime. 

Paddles .... IMHO they are very useful when you want to nip past a slower vehicle. By using the paddles you prevent the auto box making any unwanted gear changes...you remain firmly in charge of what happens and when. Makes it all like having a manual changer for a short while. You can use the stick selector as well if you'd rather.

I use them pretty regularly and wouldn't be without them.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

Hi all

i have a question you might be able to answer 

I recently got a is250 2012-2013 advance auto

it does have the gear selector on the stick but no paddle shifters

can i add them from a different car

like from a older model SE-L

thank you

Only the f sport came with the steering paddle shifters,probably possible to retro fit one but won't be a cheap or easy fit

I was thinking maybe it does have the cables in the steering wheel but nothing has been added

i can buy the whole steering wheel for £130 from eBay with paddle shifters but I want to make sure it does have the connectors for adding them on

14 hours ago, scudney said:

Only the f sport came with the steering paddle shifters,probably possible to retro fit one but won't be a cheap or easy fit

my SE-L has them ??