Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Parking cameras coming on at slow speed

Hi all,

I picked up an ex-demo RX 450h Premier last week and am having trouble keeping myself from grinning all the time! It is a pleasure to be in and looks gorgeous in white.

I do have one issue at the moment though. As it is a Premier, it has the rear and 360 cameras which are great. However, they keep turning on every time I go below about 5mph, I.e. Every time I get to a junction or traffic lights! This is annoying as I don't need these then and would rather have the sat nav showing and/or the rest of the MMI.

I've spoken to another Premier owner who doesn't have this happen on his. Can anyone help explain how I can turn this function off? I just want it to come on when I put it in reverse or when I press the button on the right.

Thanks

Alex

55 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

There's nothing in the dealer option list.

http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/RXh_with_nav_LPS.pdf

Thats the 3rd Gen RX Steve! I believe the OP has just bought himself a shiny 4th Gen with all the toys!

Anyways - when the panoramic view monitor turns on next time you are traveling below 6mph, check on the bottom left side and click the AUTO button. This will stop it coming on under 6mph.

Same applies to all other cameras. Essentially if Auto is turned on, it will respond to vehicle speed (6mph) and shift position (P, N, D or R)

For reference - http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/document/omnav-s/OM48E92U/pdf/OM48E92U.pdf

Page 269 onwards

• Like 3

Thanks Rayaans, really appreciated!

I am loving the toys! I haven't played around with the sound system but I am looking forward to getting a new case for my Iphone that has contactless charging as that was an unexpected feature in the car