Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mk4 ls400 low miles - wanted but can't find!

Hi everyone

I am hoping to get back to an LS. I had a 430 last year which was great but now am looking for a 400. I have a decent budget and would rather buy from an enthusiast. Ideally looking for a 2000 model with < 100000 miles but open to anything else . However I just can't find anything! The only cars that seem to come up for sale are from dodgy dealers with equally suspicious service history etc. Is it still possible to find the late model low mile LS??

Is there any reason you want a low mileage ls400? I only ask because the Ls400, even with high mileage and a great service history can probably outlast most of us humans as they can go on and on for a very long time, even longer than an Ls430 without any major issues.

....  that green one on autotrader does look an ok car and after Due Diligence it might be a bit of a bargain !

gbp 2200 might be a " keen " price BUT if it's been around a while then maybe it's a duffer  ...  there's only one way to find out if anyone's really interested  ......  do some research and go see it !

I would do all of that if I was trying to find a good Mk4 Ls400

Malc 1

Thanks for the replies every. More than happy to travel for the right car - but I am always put off cars that have been sitting around / going around dealers. 

What do people think to this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=282262866056

Fairly poor advert / photos? Might try and have a look. Anything jumping out at anyone? 

Thanks again! 

As you say a poor advert, I dont like the way there is no shot of the front or rear head on so you cant see the number plate and you cant check up on its MOT history. For me I wouldn't even fill the car up to go and see it.

...... bit odd that there's no proper pictures at all. Phone him and ask for proper ones and regn no. to do a DVLA MOT history check might help

Good luck.

That earlier green one on AT still looks good to me for a starter:yes:

Malc

Sorry cruisermark

don't know how it put it into a quote, unless it was me (fat finger trouble)

Please accept my apologies

Brian

What should have been in my post was:

The dark green one on AT was up for sale/sold on the bay if I remember correctly around end of July. If memory serves me right, from the pictures then it looked like it was on a farm or small holding. I can't remember what it went for but I know it wasn't the sort of money they are asking now. I was kicking myself for not having a punt on it at the time  

Well, as Ser 4s are now at least 16 years old, take 8K miles as 'norm' that's 128K miles minimum.

We all wish to find the car that has been 'mollycoddled' and has only done 50K.

(They DO exist! I own a Citroen XM 3 litre - Y2000, with only 42K miles on it!)