Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 0-60 8.4 seconds?

peachy

How did they come up with this figure?

Yesterday I traded in my 220d with 0-60 time of 8.9 seconds for the fabulous is250 that claims to hit 60 in 8.4 seconds.

Despite only being a 0.5 second difference on paper the is250 feels much much quicker on the sprint.

In my opinion the 250 hits 60 in around 7 seconds with the power button on.

Anybody else agree?

It is under 8s that is for sure, depending on luck maybe 7.5-7.8, without mods I doubt it is possible to do 7 or under. I did play around when I bought my first IS250, used ODB+GPS data and was able to do under 8s... 7.5 maybe slightly downhill :) The best time are D+PWR. S-mode actually is slower. But generally speaking IS250 is heavy car for it's size and 0-> whatever times are not impressive, what gives it that great feeling is when you accelerate from say 30-50MPH to 60-80MPH, engine has plenty of mid-range torque and it is naturally aspirated, so no turbo lag or other non-sense.  

• 3 weeks later...

well ive only had my is250 since friday and it feels far more powerful than my previous is220d and at least as powerful as my mercedes e220 i owned beforehand. ive driven back today from snowdonia to hereford with ect power on and to be honest i am very impressed with the performance of this car. i wasnt expecting much more than the diesel to be honest when i saw the performance figures on paper but its certainly not 8.4 -60. feels about the 7 second mark. im really impressed with my new cars performance to be honest. how the online reviews can call this car lazy and gutless is beyond me. maybe they didnt know about the ect power button.

Based purely on number it is not fast car, but it never intended to be. The thing why I love it the most is how effortless it is to drive off and accelerate, even though it happens in bit more than 7s, you never feel like you squeezing it too much.. by the time engine roars you already well past the legal limit.

• 2 weeks later...

Perfect example happened to me today as I pulled up alongside a lexus is200t at the lights on a duel carriageway. We both looked at each other and knew the race was on. Despite the 200t claiming to hit 60mph in 6.8 seconds there was very little in it by the time we both hit 60 and I mean very little ( half a car length)

With ect power switched on its definitely not 8.4 -60 mph. About 7.2 in my opinion. 

My convertible is heavier than the saloon, but I'm no boy racer and very happy with the performance.  I drive mostly around rural west Wales and I can overtake tractors with ease.  I'm not averse to booting it to over 4k revs if necessary and it brings a smile to my face when I do :yes:.

2 hours ago, cidersteve said:

steve you are a madman :xmas:

Haha !  Don't always drive like that.

In this part of the country the roads are twisty and bendy, there's often only a short distance to the next bend so you have to make the car go a bit to overtake safely !  I think it does it good "stretching its legs" once in a while.

My mercedes e220 apparently accelerated 0-60mph in 7.3 seconds according to the parkers website but my is250 definitely feels quicker on the sprint than the mercedes did. Probably does reach  0-60 in 8.4  in snow mode but with power on its certainly quicker. 

Incidentally my brother visited today who drives an audi A4 3.2 fsi and took my is250 out for a test drive. He was really surprised at how quick the car actually feels compared to the lexus official figures and says his audi only feels a tad quicker with a claimed time of 6.7 seconds. He knows his cars and reckons it around 7 seconds.

I'm sure the IS250 was rated at 7.7s in the US so figures around that would make sense.

The IS250 probably feels quicker due to the sound and gearing. The power button will be keeping the revs higher so its always in the power band. The 250 is also more responsive due to the fact it has no turbos to spool up

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links