Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hi all. A somewhat lazy post, as its ****** it down and i haven't had a lot of free time.

My 2007 gs450h has low front pads. I have bought some and intend to change them ASAP.

Is this job likely to require anything other than a jack, and socket wrench? Will i need water pump pliers to push back the pistons, or is it just a wheel off, prise out shims and pads, and replace with the new ones?

thanks

36 minutes ago, carnut1980 said:

hi all. A somewhat lazy post, as its ****** it down and i haven't had a lot of free time.

My 2007 gs450h has low front pads. I have bought some and intend to change them ASAP.

Is this job likely to require anything other than a jack, and socket wrench? Will i need water pump pliers to push back the pistons, or is it just a wheel off, prise out shims and pads, and replace with the new ones?

thanks

It would be wise to have some slide pin grease handy to re grease the slide pins while you have the calipers off. These are known for seizing causing the pads to ware on one side. Lexus will then offer to replace the calipers for a little over £300 each.

Some copper slip should also be applied to the back of the pads, and shims.

John

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
13 hours ago, alexchrisro said:

Bringing this topic back again. I need to change the front discs and brake pads. Do i nned techstream for that? Should i disconnect the battery? Key fob not near the vehicle?

Thank you! 

It would be safer to disconnect the Battery. Techstream is not a requirement. After pushing back the caliper pistons and fitting the new parts on one side operate the brake pedal to push the pads up to the disc. Then repeat the process on the other side. This should stop any codes appearing.

John