Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aux Port For Music/Android

You can buy kits that plug into the external CD port in the back of the head unit. It's the same principal as the iPod connection. There are plenty of threads giving more details, links to products and instructions on how to fit.

The simplest method I use is a usb memory stick plugged into the usb port in the central consul. I tried it with a 8 gb stick first and everything worked perfectly using the steering wheel controls. I then tried a larger memory stick 128 gb and that works as well. So other than the time taken to load the memory stick with music its a cheap option. Hope that helps

1 hour ago, Haken8 said:

The simplest method I use is a usb memory stick plugged into the usb port in the central consul. I tried it with a 8 gb stick first and everything worked perfectly using the steering wheel controls. I then tried a larger memory stick 128 gb and that works as well. So other than the time taken to load the memory stick with music its a cheap option. Hope that helps

Other members who have a 400h will have to advise on this but in a 450h if you open the central armrest between the two front seats and look under the tray at the front there should be 2 inputs one of which is a USB port.

No the 400 does not have USB input or any other auxilary input. As I posted earlier the only option for a direct input into the head unit is to use the external CD input. Alternatively you can use an FM device to stream input to the radio using an unused FM frequency but IMO they are a step back in technology and aren't worth the money.

Look on eBay for a Connects2 system.  I had one in my old IS220D and it worked perfectly.  Plugs into the back of the head unit and fools the system into thinking a CD autochanger is connected.  Works from steering wheel controls and track info etc appears on the head screen.  Cost me around £80 from memory but well worth the money.

I had a GROM system on my rx400h. It works very fine, accept Bluetooth, USB, audio connexion, mp3, flac and lossless files.

I added USB and jack plugs in the central armrest

your Lexus rx accepts it as a second CD player. All steering wheel command are available .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Grom-Audio-USB-iPhone-Android-Integration-kit-for-LEXUS-IS-RX-ES-GS-GX-LS-TOY1-/182083399719?hash=item2a65043027:g:v~MAAOSwwE5WZaef