Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have a 6 mile trip to work every morning. I have been getting about 26-27 mpg on each occasion. The temperature has been cold 1-2 degrees and the seat heater has been on. Is that mpg what is to be expected or is that bad?

4 hours ago, CustomIce said:

You  bunch of light footed marys! 

My Mk2 GS300 does 23MPG if i drive normally! Spank it and I'll get low teens, only long runs on the motroway and I'll see high 20 to low 30.

Same. 22/23 around town although I did see 40mpg on the motorway on the way back from when I bought it.

1 hour ago, Ceramicolive said:

Same. 22/23 around town although I did see 40mpg on the motorway on the way back from when I bought it.

Not just me then! But to be honest, it is too nice to care about such small (but expensive) matters!

Doesn’t help that the growl you get when you plant your foot to pass something, sounds so good!

• Like 1

I bought a new GS 300h Exec about 6 weeks ago and have now done some 2,300 miles. I get 51 mpg, but do daily commutes on the M3 & M25, so speed is limited. I got similar mileage on a long weekend to France.

14 hours ago, diarmaid said:

I have a 6 mile trip to work every morning. I have been getting about 26-27 mpg on each occasion. The temperature has been cold 1-2 degrees and the seat heater has been on. Is that mpg what is to be expected or is that bad?

Sounds completely normal. 

Engine probably isn't warmed up until you've done around 3 miles. 

I have on my 2016 GS300h total average of 50,4 MPG (5,6 l/100km). The worst number I've seen on computer was 45.5 MPG (6,2 l/100km ) Driving in summer only highways i am getting about 56 MPG and my record was on holiday trip to Italy 61 MPG on Highways at speed 130 km/h. Maybe You push pedal too hard. Today i drove loaner 3rd gen IS250, great car btw, and i got 8.2 L/100km 34MPG in City driving, in heavy Friday traffic. I can't understand how can  hybrid guzzling so much.

In the summer I can average 60+ on my commute. In the cold weather that's now dropped to 50. However, that's over 32 miles of hybrid-friendly driving. For the first few miles, it's a very different story. 

On my route home, in the cold, starting out in traffic, I don't crack 30mpg on the average meter until 7 or 8 miles into the trip. I would not be particularly concerned about 26-27mpg over 6 miles in the cold. 

• 2 weeks later...

I get about 26 to 27mpg from cold over an 8 mile trip from my Gen3 GS300 petrol, so it seems not a lot different to the hybrid from cold. On a long run, best I've seen was 42mpg (motorway, 70mph). Not too shabby.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am getting about 26 mpg on short runs. When it's cold and very short runs it goes down to 15mpg.

Best what Ingot in cold weather approx 6 degrees on the motorway from Derby to London without traffic and almost constant 80mph Imhave reached 38mpg which is very satisfyingtaking into account the mass of the car and engine size. 

Regards

Chris