Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mine is Sept 2009 hasn't got full postcode only have to type first bit list roads, bit fiddly but works fine. it's easy to put city with part postcode then Street. once u got address  its  stored in memory which is ok. i used it few times and it works ok.got long trip on 19th Dec will use it 

Essex to Oxford -no need

Oxford to dewsbury -will use

Dewsbury to Essex  - will use 

Once address is fed it's in there only got to tap that it. easy peasy :yahoo:

• Like 1

Think there are different types of sat Nav. mine is is250se-i with dvd sat Nav, se-l probably got different sat Nav. post a picture of sat Nav will c if it's same as mine. hope you enjoying is220d so far. 

My previous car was an IS 250 SE-L September 2008 and I couldn't enter full postcode...infuriating !  My present IS 250C is August 2009 and one of the first convertibles.....do you know ?.....I've never even tried the satnav, just assumed it was as useless as the previous one...I'll have to give it a try :xmas:

When I was looking to update mine there was different types with different codes. 

Had to put in correct code to order right one, found code on old dvd. I think with ml system is different sat Nav. 

Maybe u should try it

Hi ,yes I think the M L has a different system ;my sat nav is in the hard drive and I don,t think it can be updated with a disc .A full post code can be added on the 2nd page of the first screen ,took me a while to find there was a 2nd page ,there is a button in the top right corner .I used the system on a 4 week tour of France in September without any problem ,although it is not the best I find it practical .

Dave

On 11/26/2016 at 10:50 PM, ady_uaic said:

Hi guys,

I'm about to sell my accord next week, so I have to decide between another Accord CU2 (AT 2.4 petrol) vs. BMW 325i/330i AT vs. Lexus IS250 2009 AT (the bad thing is that my budget is around 8500£)

Now, I'm more into Lexus so can you please tell me:

- how reliable is this model?

- how's the navi system? updates from time to time? Is it touchscreen (as I couldn't see any buttons dedicated for navi), it can be replaced if you want?

- how's the sound system? Does it have build in subwoofer?

- technically speaking, what kind of issues does this model have in particular?

- any issues during time? If it's old, let's say about 100.000 miles, what should I expect in terms of problems?

- how about some tuning? I saw that it can be added a K&N CAI, which is good, but how about catback, manifold, etc?

I was thinking about this model: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201611220001656?make=LEXUS&year-from=2009&postcode=b187ja&transmission=Automatic&sort=price-asc&onesearchad=New&model=IS 250&maximum-mileage=90000&radius=1500&advertising-location=at_cars&page=2 or http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201611229983896?year-from=2009&maximum-mileage=90000&transmission=Automatic&make=LEXUS&onesearchad=New&model=IS 250&advertising-location=at_cars&sort=price-asc&radius=1500&postcode=b187ja&page=1

Thanks in advance

I've had a 2.4 Accord, the Lexus is250 i had was much nicer place to be inside and the ML head unit is great. If you are looking at newer Accords they dont have much grunt and the Lexus itself is not very fast itself but a nice place to be as already pointed out aside from a CAI or such you cant increase the hp of the lexus at all and its one of the drawbacks for me and why I sold it for a much more spirited Subaru.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Not sure if this helps but the guys at lexus bristol told me it's the same sat nav system as fitted into the is250 se-I 2009 -2011 models . 

Thanks Rebecca....I'll give mine a try for full postcode.  Thanks for the tip of second page.  I'm so used to Sygic on my phone now.

Hi Rebecca have u got ml sound system with dvd player or standard system as tru blue has ml which got full postcode facility, he right ml sat Nav use hard drive not cd.if you got 2 metal pins in tool box means you got cd version. could you post photo of sat nav.cd can be updated easy just pop out old cd install new 1.i updated my sat Nav to 2015-2016 got from eBay for 60.

5 hours ago, ady_uaic said:

so guys, about sat-nav, if you update to latest version it won't work with full postcode? Either if it's HDD or CD?

Updating the maps doesn't change the underlying capabilities

• Like 1

that's too bad. why they didn't make it work properly? I can't understand that. Especially that the cars are sold in uk, how were they selling them saying that "you know, you can't really search the post code into our nav system, but go ahead and buy an aftermarket GPS". That would have sent me on another car brand instantly. When you're paying for something, you're expecting 100% functionality.

• Like 1

Well... have you actually tried other cars sat navs?... I did and they were equally disappointing (though BMW one is slightly better) comparing to free app on phone. Full post code search is not like day and night difference either.. it still sucks (slow and unconformable to use) and I am referring to new IS/CT with premium nav and RC with standard which all have full post code search.

So my answer is ... no Satnav is not deal breaker...

• Like 1

I had to use my sat nav today, and it proved yet again how useless it is in London.

The route it was taking me was left at a set of lights, then left again at the end of that road.  There was quite a bit of traffic, so I took a left before the lights and discovered I was on a road that LED directly to my destination!  Probably saved myself about 10 minutes.

Having said that, I used it to get me to a tyre place in Basingstoke this morning and it was much better.

• Like 1

I would agree it is ok for long trips... e.g. you put Scotland or France in the search and you just go to that direction... but if you need to navigate in city it is not worth much... and without real time notifications I see no point of using GPS anyway.

• Like 2

First time since I used my updated sat Nav from Oxford to dewsbury it's worked a treat I had no problems even showed motorway junctions, service stations and which lane to be in on motorway exit and used again dewsbury to Essex no problems with it. 

I'm not sure why negative views with lexus sat Nav. thumbs up from me 

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong, the Sat Nav is good on the motorway.  I like the way it shows how are away upcoming junctions are.  And like @ahmedali44 says, the lane change graphic for coming off the motorway is good.

It is only in towns, especially London, where it seems to all go wrong.  It takes me on some very strange routes whenever I use it there.

• 2 months later...

guys, I'm about to take my car back to Romania to sell it (it's so hard to sell it from here), so I would expect within 1 month to switch to Lexus IS250 (probably 2010). Now, my question is: how reliable are the is250 around 120.000 miles? I found an FSport one with 120.000 but I love the color and the specs.