Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello Everyone,

My ten year old Lexus bodywork was getting a little tired, the bonnet and bumper needed attention.

So, as I couldn't afford a new Lexus, I decided to have the car two toned, in "Burgundy over Silver"

I know two tone is not everyones favourite, but hope most of you like the colours.

All the best

Ray

Lexus one 2016.jpg

Lexus Three 2016.jpg

Lexus Two 2016.jpg

Hi Ray and welcome to the LOC. We are a friendly bunch so please don’t hold back asking questions big or small should you have any problems with your car. We always welcome ideas on how to overcome problems with our cars but as they are the finest cars in the universe they don’t go wrong that often.

We always love to see pictures of your cars inside and out so don't be shy.

Your car in that paint job looks great, nice choice.

Happy Lexus Motoring.

Mike. Bluesman.

Welcome Ray,

That is certainly, ahem, unique :smile:

Did you have the whole bottom half re-sprayed, or just the front bumper?

Looks clean either way.

Perhaps a few pictures in a better light?  Would be good for showing off the colours.

Hello Shahpor, You are right about the Top colour looking a lot better in the sunlight.

The car was originally all in Silver (Tungsten Pearl), so we only sprayed the top colour and the front and rear bumpers. Plus new wheels.

When the sun is out, it looks superb , as the top coat is actually in  " Cherry Black Pearl" or ( Bourdeaux ) Code-3P2

So it reflects the pearl in the sunlight. Thanks

I keep coming back to look at it and its getting easier on the eye.

I think I would have preferred the silver to have followed the line of the bumper around the car meeting up with the bottom of the rear lights, i.e. less of it, but I don't know whether that would have worked out any better.

It is certainly not to everyone's taste. I guess there was a good reason not to use wrap or "plastidip" or other "spray on peel-off" paints - as it might prove difficult to sell cars with custom paint job (if you ever try).

Actually, I was considering respray few times from Astral black - 202 to very same Astral black - 202 (I know boring), but there is no way I can find any value in doing this... Any decent paint job would be 60-70% of cars value.

Hi Ray

Good to see you're keeping up appearances!

I've recently had a refresh paint job on mine also (55 plate) .... Its made me fall for mine all over again.

Just got wheels to do..... can't make my mind up to refurb or go to 17s.

I've gone original colour so you're obviously more creative/ braver than me!

Not my cup of tea but looks a very decent job & overall keeps the flag flying for a few more years.

Nice one.

Phil

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC