Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

It would appear that there is not many of us then , my gen 3 was sold as a sport but I can't find out what the difference might be. However I'm really pleased with it, a real sleeper on the road and there are still toys I haven't even tried yet especially on the pop out panel, Its a totally different experience to my late Soarer and it would appear to be nearly as exclusive.:biggrin:

2006 Gen3 430 here. They are pretty rare, as you say the 300's are more common.

Love my 430, I was looking for something inbetween my previous LS400 and IS300 Sportcross and it fits the bill perfectly.

Mine is actually a 2055 but has 2006 spec, I have read somewhere that only 2000 were made in 2006 but no indication as to where they went in the world.Some must have come here but how many I wonder. Perhaps they all came to Gloucestershire :biggrin:  I would have never expected such a large saloon to be so loaded or quick. Are you in Gloucester?

• 3 weeks later...

Pleased to see a few more GS430's are popping up, I spotted 2 more in Gloucester recently 1black gen 2, 1 silver gen1, they are no doubt a real sleeper when it comes to big saloon cars and  Lexus quality for ford money..

i have a GS430 Sport on an 03 plate.  Thing is I have seen plenty of press releases relating to the release of the GS430 Sport in 2003 which had been fiddled with by Lexus 'Motorsport' division, firmer springs lower, lower ride height and yet there are clearly earlier examples out there of the 'Sport'.  Can anyone shed any light on the 2003 Sport vs earlier 'sport models and is there any difference?  Thank you

David, that's an interesting post as I was told my 2055 GS430 was a sport when I bought it, but have nothing to substantiate whether it is or not, there is no mention of a sport in the owners manual. other than a sport button,  however it is fully loaded with all published extra's. 

20 hours ago, Smellyone said:

i have a GS430 Sport on an 03 plate.  Thing is I have seen plenty of press releases relating to the release of the GS430 Sport in 2003 which had been fiddled with by Lexus 'Motorsport' division, firmer springs lower, lower ride height and yet there are clearly earlier examples out there of the 'Sport'.  Can anyone shed any light on the 2003 Sport vs earlier 'sport models and is there any difference?  Thank you

There was a sport between 1998 and 2000. It was discontinued when the facelift came out, along with the GS430 at the end of 2000. Lexus GB were going to release the sport, but weren't happy with the suspension, go a few where sold with just the cosmetic changes. In 2003 they finally got the revised suspension 'correct' and so the sport was re-introduced.

All series II sports are modified by Lexus GB on import, they leave Japan as standard SEs. They use European sourced parts - TTE body parts (no doubt manufactured by somebody else), O.Z. wheels, Eibach suspension.

• Like 1

Thank you ColinBarber now I understand very much appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

I did see a very sad sight off the A41 roundabout to join the M53 at J5 a few weeks ago as I drove past in my 300.

A beautiful GS430/Aristo (JDM tail lights) being lifted by a crane out of the hedge. So maybe one less on the road too now.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links