Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX450 hot centre consul

I've had my RX450 for for a year now and have only done 7000 miles in that time as I use my vans a lot, I have noticed in the last couple of months that the centre consul gets very hot.  Has anybody else experienced this, I asked a mate who is not a Lexus mechanic and he said it could be a faulty heater core or damper motor servo, I am not mechanically minded so I don't have a clue.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks   

I had a very similar problem with my Toyota Surf.  In the end it was thought to be due to the water pipes to the rear cabin heater which ran along the passenger side of the tunnel.  I haven't noticed the same problem with our RX350 but as we are usually away for the winter we don't use the rear heater very much, mostly on air con to cool it down.

• Like 1

Which part of the console are you referring to? - If it is the one under the armrest, this is normal. In fact it gets very cold in the summer when the aircon is on. As mentioned by Michael, it is to do with the heating/cooling going to the back.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links