Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Windows keep misting up.

-Rich-

• 1 month later...

I use the air con every week in my cars to keep it working properly, they're expensive to fix when they're not used and things start going wrong!

I gave the inside screen a good clean and we've been using auto mode most of the time, it hasn't been misting much now. The problem with auto mode is you can't change the fan speed or outlets.

Does anyone use the micro dust and pollen filter button - when would you actually need to use it?

After setting AC in AUTO mode, you can change fan speed or send any other command and this will override Auto setting only for that specific feature, and auto is still on for all other settings.

2 hours ago, Zotto said:

After setting AC in AUTO mode, you can change fan speed or send any other command and this will override Auto setting only for that specific feature, and auto is still on for all other settings.

When you do that the auto light goes out so I thought it turns it off, is that not the case then?

• 2 years later...

I have just got a new CT200 very happy, with the exception of it misting up for no reason during a journey not at the start as the comments above say the ac clears it. I usually have the climate control on auto and the misting “just happens” any other ideas ?

1 hour ago, Casares said:

I have just got a new CT200 very happy, with the exception of it misting up for no reason during a journey not at the start as the comments above say the ac clears it. I usually have the climate control on auto and the misting “just happens” any other ideas ?

Chris,does"new" mean new to you or brand new from Lexus?

Have you got recirculating air switch on or are you drawing air from outside of the car? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

Chris,does"new" mean new to you or brand new from Lexus?

Have you got recirculating air switch on or are you drawing air from outside of the car? 

It is new as in 19 plate 

I have tried it with both the recirculating switch on and off

Thanks 

1 hour ago, Casares said:

It is new as in 19 plate 

I have tried it with both the recirculating switch on and off

Thanks 

Then take it back asap as Lexus will be pleased to make you happy!

Do let us all know how you get on.

Have you tried using a de-mister pad? I was skeptical about them at first but one of my friends recently had the same issue you have here and after buying one, it's pretty much resolved the problem. Mind you it wasn't in a CT 200h 

5 minutes ago, Eastwood1994 said:

Have you tried using a de-mister pad? I was skeptical about them at first but one of my friends recently had the same issue you have here and after buying one, it's pretty much resolved the problem. Mind you it wasn't in a CT 200h 

+1