Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

started the 430 today and the vsc off warning light came on ,along with warning sound , engine management light and red triangle with exclamation mark!

drove 3 miles stopped re started...still on

drove a further 2 miles stopped and when I restarted the car hey ho no warning light!

any ideas chaps??

1 hour ago, Beejay55 said:

See the posts on this forum regarding petrol caps.  The gasket for one costs £15, incl VAT, from any Toyota dealer.

thanks beejay!

have you had similar problems then?

had it checked by a  mobile diagnostic yesterday!

could not pinpoint the cause but suggested it could be one of the abs sensors or the fact that one of my steering wheel motors is kaput!

I find the latter hard to believe as the motor packed in about 6 months ago!!

how can I check the abs sensors?

1 minute ago, deelcee said:

had it checked by a  mobile diagnostic yesterday!

could not pinpoint the cause but suggested it could be one of the abs sensors or the fact that one of my steering wheel motors is kaput!

I find the latter hard to believe as the motor packed in about 6 months ago!!

how can I check the abs sensors?

further to my last post it wasn't a complete waste of time!

before he came the car was a bit lumpy on tickover but now he's cleared everything  its running fine again!

(CARS! they're not cars anymore they are mobile computers)!!!

now waiting for fuel cap gasket with fingers crossed..

1 minute ago, deelcee said:

If you have a multimeter you can check the resistance of them as it is basically a coil of wire wrapped around a magnet, if you get no reading it is open circuit and therefore duff.

Other problems with the sensors are caused by the pickup collecting (being magnetic) iron particles from road debris on them thus upsetting the signal output to a point that they fail to work and the toothed ring mounted on the hub cracking which the sensor uses to detect wheel rotation.

Hopefully a simple gasket on the fuel cap will sort out the problem for you.

My VSC warning lights came on last night.  The car hadn't been used for a week, and from the sound of the starter motor I could tell that the Battery was going flat.  Nevertheless it started up okay, but then the lights came on.  After a 15-mile drive, during which everything worked normally, the car started up again fine - the steering wheel zipped out as quickly as usual and the VSC didn't come on.  I guess I'll have to use the car for work this week, at least some days.

In my case the VSC warning was solved by resetting the sensors, using the diagnostic tool at the garage.  The engine warning light was due to the left bank of cylinders running lean, sorted by fitting a new lambda sensor.

Good luck !

On 19/12/2016 at 11:21 AM, Beejay55 said:

In my case the VSC warning was solved by resetting the sensors, using the diagnostic tool at the garage.  The engine warning light was due to the left bank of cylinders running lean, sorted by fitting a new lambda sensor.

Good luck !

thanks beejay

I don't know if its the same thing but it was the vvc oil control valve!

running sweet as a nut and the vsc light has gone

happy days!!