Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

5 minutes ago, lexusbeef said:

Thanks for the advice and pics! This is a great help. Same problem on my 2008 IS250, 92k miles. I'm going to give it a go next week.

Check which valves you need before purchasing or you’ll end up with the wrong one like I did.

Mine were hidden just before the washer jets inside the bonnet cavity.

I've now fitted them and they are better than when I bought the car nearly 5 years ago.

In fact they are now very powerful!

Just pull away the bottom of the sound proofing on the bonnet and see if you can see the black 3 way valve.

mine was just a 3 way plastic tube in white.

This is what I ordered and it was incorrect for my car.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153968712508

Mine has these inside the bonnet

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164262980013

• 7 months later...

• 1 year later...
On 1/22/2017 at 4:03 PM, Linas.P said:

Ok so, have replaced washer motor and all fine now.

As mentioned previously, instead of removing front bumper (which is really 2 person job) and undoing maybe 30 nuts, I have instead removed the wheel and wheel arch cover ~ 11 nuts and few clips. I am 100% certain it is 3 times quicker and simpler + you can do it alone.

Took me around 20 minutes + 30 minutes of draining the washer fluid.

1. Remove the wheel (I mean I have no doubts, you can guess by now, that car needs to be jacked-up :) ):

20161218_230131.jpg

2. Undo 5 nuts + 3 clips in wheel arch. Then 3 nuts holding rubber lip and finally 3 nuts holding arch cover to the front of the bumper = total of 11 nuts and 3 clips. Take a note which nuts go where (there are 2 types/lengths) :

20161218_231150.jpg20161218_234003.jpg

3. then you can clearly see offending washer motor:

20161218_231137.jpg

4. You can then undo cables and hose by hand (make sure to have bucket for washer fluid as it will start dripping straight away):

20161218_231340.jpg20161218_231333.jpg

5. Finally, when reservoir is drain you can simply remove washer motor by hand, carefully twisting and moving from side to side helps. I have sprayed some WD-40 while it was dripping, but I don't think it is necessary:

20161218_233149.jpg

6. Replace rubber seal first (my replacement motor came with new seal, but I guess you can reuse old one), then push the motor back into reservoir. To be honest it feels rather easy and it fits loosely, but that is fine (I guess) because reservoir plastic is quite soft and thin, so if you use any force it is easy to brake it... so don't over-do it:

20161218_232644.jpg20161218_233319.jpg

7.... All done..., check if all works before re-assembling:

20161218_233546.jpg

Having bonnet up helps... as it doesn't make all car wet :)

Were you able to hear motor/pump before? Mine stopped working some time ago but MOT is around the corner... I can hear the motor / pump when I pull the stalk. Checked the T joint attached to the bonnet. No blockages. Must be something in the tank itself. No leaks.. Is there a propeller the could be snapped? 

That was long time ago... so hard to say. But from the memory when washers stopped working I could not hear the motor, it was just dead. But when it works you should be able to hear it from inside of the tank. 

19 hours ago, H3XME said:

Were you able to hear motor/pump before? Mine stopped working some time ago but MOT is around the corner... I can hear the motor / pump when I pull the stalk. Checked the T joint attached to the bonnet. No blockages. Must be something in the tank itself. No leaks.. Is there a propeller the could be snapped? 

I can't understand that. If you've pulled the feed hose off the T Joint and determined no blockages, I assume that means water comes out of it when the stalk is pulled, therefore the pump/tank must be okay?
Or do you mean you pulled the T Joint off and blew through it?

22 minutes ago, chr15gb said:

I can't understand that. If you've pulled the feed hose off the T Joint and determined no blockages, I assume that means water comes out of it when the stalk is pulled, therefore the pump/tank must be okay?
Or do you mean you pulled the T Joint off and blew through it?

I pulled the T joint out, tested it and nothing was coming out. So if there is a blockage it's not in this area. I can hear the pump/motor working when I pull the stalk, but nothing is happening. I haven't checked the motor yet but I suspect the nipple on the motor where the hose attaches is damaged/blocked. My dad has an IS250 as well, so I'll just swap the motors to see if it's that. If not, back to diagnosing other bits.

On 8/19/2022 at 1:33 PM, H3XME said:

I pulled the T joint out, tested it and nothing was coming out. So if there is a blockage it's not in this area. I can hear the pump/motor working when I pull the stalk, but nothing is happening. I haven't checked the motor yet but I suspect the nipple on the motor where the hose attaches is damaged/blocked. My dad has an IS250 as well, so I'll just swap the motors to see if it's that. If not, back to diagnosing other bits.

Ahh, got you. The pump was cheap and easy enough although I had hassle with the trim pieces.

I got bored with removing screws but it still wouldn't free up enough. I just forced it out the way enough to get my hand in and work one handed.

On 8/20/2022 at 5:42 PM, chr15gb said:

Ahh, got you. The pump was cheap and easy enough although I had hassle with the trim pieces.

I got bored with removing screws but it still wouldn't free up enough. I just forced it out the way enough to get my hand in and work one handed.

@Linas.PQuick update..

Found the issue with my washers, and it's rather stupid one and my own fault 🤣

I only noticed yesterday when I pulled the stalk on the drive and then came out and noticed a puddle of fluid by my front wheel.. I never noticed the hose in my wheel arch, but because my car so low, the washer fluid hose kept rubbing against the tyre which caused the leak.. I'm just gonna replace a section of the hose and happy days.

IMG_2195.jpeg

Washer hose not suppose to be in wheel arch, so I probably would start from re-routing it back to where it was...

I wonder on what else your tyre was rubbing on 😄 

• Haha 1

Just now, Linas.P said:

Washer hose not suppose to be in wheel arch, so I probably would start from re-routing it back to where it was...

I wonder on what else your tyre was rubbing on 😄 

Well I had to cut a lot of the arch liner out to stop the wheels rubbing so I'm not surprised it found its way there. I'll investigate this weekend 😄

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...
On 1/22/2017 at 8:03 AM, Linas.P said:

I'm wondering if anyone knows where this connector goes. There are 3 bundles of wires. 2 of them connect to the washer reservoir but I can't figure out where the 3rd one goes.

Thanks for all the help

On 1/22/2017 at 8:03 AM, Linas.P said:

20161218_233319.thumb.jpg.298b468065d9118e7822af004342b778.jpg

Screenshot_20231008_064105_eBay.jpg

Not very clear from pictures, but assuming your car has headlight washers then you you should have following connectors:

• (front) headlight washer pump
  • (front) washer level sensor -2 wires seems to suggest to me you asking about this one. 
  • (rear) screen washer pump

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links