Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear-Section Filth

I wonder whether it worth someone getting hold of a set of flaps and trying DIY to fit. My be a bit of cutting somewhere may be.  I'm really getting annoyed that such a provision is made by Lexus, especially in a country as wet as ours.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, R07ARY said:

I wonder whether it worth someone getting hold of a set of flaps and trying DIY to fit. My be a bit of cutting ...

When I originally complained about the non-availability of flaps for my new RC, my Lexus mechanic, who was as surprised as I was, offered to talk

with his colleagues in the body shop about possibly fitting and/or modifying ones from other marques and models besides Lexus itself.  Toyota, 

Subaru and the KIA dealership next door were mentioned.   He called me few days later after concluding that the idea was unworkable - or not

recommended - because of a series of practical factors including attachment reliability and possible functional ineffectiveness besides aesthetic

appearance. 

• Like 2

I found mud flaps to look rather ugly and had them removed when detailing the car, didn't find any noticeable difference when it comes to car getting dirty. The only thing I was slightly surprised about is that dirt seems to get onto rear view camera and after few miles driving on motorway it becomes hard to see when reversing.