Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS 300h - Day & Night sensor (Sat Nav screen)

Can anyone help with this?  The day and night sensor for my sat nav screen either isn't working or it isn't set up correctly.

I have been through the manual and there is a section highlighting that there should be an option to switch between day and night modes manually or turn the screen off completely.  The turn off option is available but the day / night option doesn't appear for some reason?

I understand that when lights are set to auto the nav screen should dim when the lights come one but no matter what setting he lights are on the screen won't dim and is very distracting at night.

Anyone else had a similar issue?

Cheers 

If it's anything like the setup in the 2nd Gen IS, then the display won't use night mode if the dashboard illumination is set to maximum brightness. It will just stay bright all the time like you are describing.

Try dimming it a touch.

• 4 years later...

Make sure your headlights are on. Then go to display settings in your infotainment screen and you'll see a daytime mode which only shows when your headlights are activated. Click to turn off and it will display in night mode when required.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links