Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I had a wobble yesterday and it as now righted but worth a mention.

Been parked up for a while as the wife did the supermarket shop,started up on her return and the windows misted up ,as I drove to the exit my attention to what I was pressing on the dash control buttons was distracted and when I looked again the screen had blanked on the centre console and the audio did'nt work.

I waited till I got home and switched off the ignition switched it back on and everything was fine,it looks like I pressed a combination of buttons and that particular sequence disables the screen but I have no intention of trying to find out,so I will never know which combination it is unless someone else knows.

we are so lucky with our Ls400s, my indy often praises the car when issues often self-resolve .......  never to reappear   .......  must be the built in quality of our earlier Lexuss' :wink3:

Malc

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ambermarine said:

I had a wobble yesterday and it as now righted but worth a mention.

Been parked up for a while as the wife did the supermarket shop,started up on her return and the windows misted up ,as I drove to the exit my attention to what I was pressing on the dash control buttons was distracted and when I looked again the screen had blanked on the centre console and the audio did'nt work.

I waited till I got home and switched off the ignition switched it back on and everything was fine,it looks like I pressed a combination of buttons and that particular sequence disables the screen but I have no intention of trying to find out,so I will never know which combination it is unless someone else knows.

Tongue in cheek Phil......did you consider that your wobble was a message from the ECU saying "please don`t park me up for a while again, please use me?" ;);););)

Regards

John

I sometimes think there's a fault with my car when really it's a built-in feature that I don't understand.  Mind you, I once turned the valet key the wrong way in the door, and all 4 windows and the sunroof opened - and I have no idea whether that's supposed to happen.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Scribe said:

I sometimes think there's a fault with my car when really it's a built-in feature that I don't understand.  Mind you, I once turned the valet key the wrong way in the door, and all 4 windows and the sunroof opened - and I have no idea whether that's supposed to happen.

It does this on my MK4, and also on previous MK2, so I guess it is a 'rapid fresh air' feature.  

I have also had the blank touchscreen with no audio symptom, I did manage to get it sorted without re-starting, but for the life of me I have forgotten how I did that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cotswold Pete said:

It does this on my MK4, and also on previous MK2, so I guess it is a 'rapid fresh air' feature.  

I have also had the blank touchscreen with no audio symptom, I did manage to get it sorted without re-starting, but for the life of me I have forgotten how I did that. 

it works on the remote too just press and hold the open or close, to close 

23 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Normally to reset the audio/nav system you press and hold the on/off button for 5 to 10 seconds until it resets. Not sure if that trick works on the older LS models though.

ah bless,  the older Lss' didn't have satnav  ...............  nothing to update so my TomTom seems to be fine  ...... free for life europewide upgrades and 3 or 4 times a year and all for free apart from the initial cost a couple of years ago now for @£100 I think :yahoo:

Malc