Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

is200 rough when cold

iffy

Unfortunately I have an issue with my car. I have noticed that when the c\ar is cold, the engine violently decelerates when I take my foot off the gas pedal. I have also noticed that the engine again when cold has a delay of around 2 seconds before it decelerates when I take m foot off the gas. What do you guys think it could be and where should I be looking for the problem. I have recently given the car a full service which has't really improved the problem.

Thanks for the answer. I don't the the induction is at fault. However I have noticed that when the ambient temp goes below say around 5 degrees the emissions light comes on and the tcs light starts to flash. Any ideas?

Has the engine management light come on at all? 

I'm no mechanic so wouldn't like to guess. 

If it was me I would try and clean everything possible, throttle body, air filter, use bottle of cataclen, and you say you have done a service, did that include spark plugs? 

Check all earths and Battery.

Might be none of those things but it won't harm you trying.

• Like 1

In terms of cleaning the throttle body, I cleaned mine while it was on the car rather than take it off. Any idea if this practice is ok or not? I sprayed throttle body cleaner in the part and really give it a deep clean. 

Evening

The code p1126 is relating to the magnetic clutch circuit malfunction. 

So far I have looked at some diagnostic info regarding this fault and shall study the fault and procedure to diagnose further. 

At this point can anyone offer advice on removing the throttle body?