Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys just bought my first car Lexus is220d SE-l with Multimedia ❤. Just had Lexus do a health check on it which they were happy to do for free for me. Love my car but a few issues. I am only 18 therefore a broke uni student LOL.

Just wondering if anyone knows whether this will cost me massively, if I can sort my self, or what the cheapest solution is? I shall post the visual safety report now. 

Many thanks in advance

FB_IMG_1482363839880.jpg

20161221_234242.jpg

Hello Mujahid and welcome to the LOC.

Looking at the report,taking into account your student spending powers and dependent on your own car DIY expertise I would concentrate on the steering and braking problems first as these are safety critical.

Replace the lower ball joint which includes the track rod end ball joint in one unit ( around £80.00 for the part from Lexus).

The play in the steering column, check all the pinch bolts for tightness and correct torque, there was a known issue with the type of bolts fitted on some models but not sure if this affected the IS models.

Check the caliper slide pins on the rear brakes as they have a tendency to seize and cause uneven pad and disc wear, if they are still removeable regrease them, if totally stuck solid worst case senario is new caliper.

Coolant level keep an eye on it, same with oil level, if the oil is just seeping put up with it for now.

Mirror, if you can see through it OK leave for now.

AC condenser again leave for now.

There is nothing special about working on these cars, if you have friends or family in the trade ask them before paying a garage to do the work.

• Like 1

Welcome :winkiss:

Wish I could afford such a car when I was a student! :smile:  Rather a grown up choice of car as well, so kudos to you.

Like Steve says, priorities are in order.  Are you handy with your spanners?  If so, some of those issues should be quite straightforward to DIY.

Did you buy it from a dealer or privately?  If from a dealer, then some of those problems should have been sorted prior to selling it.

Finally, SE-L?  As far as I know, there was no SE-I in that year.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links