Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I'm considering switching to a GS 300h in the early new year, my only concern is the operation of hill hold, a live on a steepish hill and have to reverse park and looking at how it operates on utube it doesn't work in reverse, so how do you do I reverse uphill?

Thanks in advance.

D

According to my handbook for the RC300h HSA does operate in reverse..

Perhaps you could find a copy of the target car's handbook? Try the Lexus Portal

Operating conditions of hill-start assist control
When the following four conditions are met, the hill-start assist control will operate:
● The shift lever is in a position other than P or N (when starting off forward/backward on
an upward incline).
● The vehicle is stopped.
● The accelerator pedal is not depressed.
● The parking brake is not engaged.
■ Automatic system cancelation of hill-start assist control
The hill-start assist control will turn off in any of the following situations:
● The shift lever is moved to P or N.
● The accelerator pedal is depressed.
● The parking brake is engaged.
● Approximately 2 seconds elapse after the brake pedal is released.

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick reply NemesisUK,

It would appear I've been miss informed, I will endeavour to get a test drive but there isn't a GS 300h within a 100 miles of me, I'm a bit off the beaten track.

Thanks again 

D

I have tested my GS 300h 2014 yesterday in reverse with HOLD button on.

Actually the hold light keeps off  and no brakes in reverse, BUT it is not a problem as not having a friction in eCVT it's possible to move the car without jumps or sudden reactions; same when with HOLD off when moving uphill. The main use I have of HOLD command is to keep car still at red traffic light without needing foot on brake pedal or moving gears lever to P. Using eCVT give the advantage you can have using  an automatic transmission with torque converter, while AT with doublecluthes need some mechanism of braking because of the on/off behavior of friction elements.

On 24/12/2016 at 5:00 PM, NemesisUK said:

Would it be the HOLD function is different from the HSA function? I don't have any button or setting to make, the HSA just operates, stopping the car from rolling back?

Yes. The GS has electric parking brake so pressing hold button will keep it stood on an incline without pressing the brake. 

HSA on the IS and RC is different. It holds the car automatically, as in it'll stop it rolling back but only temporarily (2 seconds)

HOLD function in GS , when on, inserts permanently brakes with still car after 2 seconds of braking, so the hold light gets on and you  can leave foot from brake pedal and D inserted ; remember that in D with hybrid engine is off  and electric motors also, till  you press again right pedal to accelerate (no waste of energy) restarting electric traction. In HOLD mode you obviously can stop your car  at any inclination, positive, negative or 0.

Electric parking brake is another feature, and it works , also in automatic mode if you set it, when you have car in P and press start button to go off; restarting the car automatically parking brake disengages.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links