Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Your Lexus Dealer Experience

I started using Lexus Guildford in 2015 there about and I've sticked to them ever since.Their service is excellent and the staff in their service department are all good people. I will always recommend Colin and Steve.

Prior to this time I used Lexus Sidcup but got burnt and stung by a dodgy technician. Had to complain to Lexus Head Office before the matter got resolved. I have never been there since then. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!

However, I would recommend their parts department as they go the extra mile to find you any part you need for your car.

• Thanks 1

Hello all,

I've used Sidcup for a recall work on my former gs300. Because I live in Brighton I had it all arranged and dropped the car off in the morning. They gave me courtesy car and off I drove home. The same afternoon I got call that the replacement part is faulty! So they advised me to pick the car up and wait until they get the part. Given that I had to travel from Brighton in a first place i wasn't happy. So I booked the work to be done at Tunbridge wells garage.

Tunbridge wells Lexus were good. Job done in time and no issues. They've done checks too with few advisories. The only issue was- it's really awkward to get there from where I live.

Next I have spotted new shape gs450h at Sidcup branch. Done the test drive and were prepared to buy it on the spot but they were not flexible enough on a price. Couple weeks later they offered it to me for even less money then I have offered. But at that point I've had my mind set on Rx450h. So wasn't sure about their competence in both servicing and sales.

Got my RX privately which needed servicing no so long after.

Called around and Guildford Lexus was the cheapest.

Dropped the car off. And got into GSF for a test drive. What a car! After the test drive went for a bit off negotiation but could not get it to the price I was comfortable. So got into courtesy car and went shopping in Guildford :-) Around lunch time got call that it's all done. The whole experience was flawless. I see myself going back for service, etc.

Of all three the Sidcup Lexus was the worst and the Guildford Lexus was the best in my experience.

Sent from my R7plusf using Tapatalk

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, gidrazas said:

I've used Sidcup for a recall work on my former gs300. Because I live in Brighton I had it all arranged and dropped the car off in the morning. They gave me courtesy car and off I drove home. The same afternoon I got call that the replacement part is faulty! So they advised me to pick the car up and wait until they get the part. 

This one is epic - I would have rejected the car on the basis of not fit for purpose (know fault obviously because it was recalled) and tell them that I will stay in courtesy car until they finish dealing with it. I though myself that is bit unfair to dealer if you just pop-up for service and reject car at the end of it because of recall ( like the one for airbag now)... but if car was there specifically for recall, then tough luck - I won't accept it back until it is done. 

wow Gidrazas that is what i call impulsive buying.

If any dealers are reading this it only shows how important any customer contact can be. If you can be face to face with a potential customer that is just pure gold. Unfortunately that does not seem to be recognized by many in the car trade.

If i bring my car in for service why is there nobody from sales to say hello? ask if i am satisfied? establish if i could be in the market for something?

Why in all 37 years of motoring has not one single dealer ever called me? how is you car sir? still satisfied? could i bring a car over for you to explore?

most dealers are asleep with their eyes open. ( but there are excellent ones out there as well). 

3 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

If i bring my car in for service why is there nobody from sales to say hello? ask if i am satisfied? establish if i could be in the market for something?

Why in all 37 years of motoring has not one single dealer ever called me? how is you car sir? still satisfied? could i bring a car over for you to explore?

most dealers are asleep with their eyes open. ( but there are excellent ones out there as well). 

I guess that is because everything changed now... maybe 30 years ago there were more personal contact - now most of business is leasing companies and other types of finance, nobody comes and buys cars for cash so individual customers are now kind of waste of time. It is better to send few e-mails around for fleet management companies and maybe sell 30 cars in one go straight from the ship, then spend 3 hours driving with somebody who knows less about what he likes then you do.

Sadly I am that second type of person and currency dealer experience really leaves me unimpressed. 

This one is epic - I would have rejected the car on the basis of not fit for purpose (know fault obviously because it was recalled) and tell them that I will stay in courtesy car until they finish dealing with it. I though myself that is bit unfair to dealer if you just pop-up for service and reject car at the end of it because of recall ( like the one for airbag now)... but if car was there specifically for recall, then tough luck - I won't accept it back until it is done. 

I thought about it but the CT they gave me wasn't even close to my GS. I was glad to be back into my barge:)

If they've given RX that would've been different :-)

wow Gidrazas that is what i call impulsive buying.

If any dealers are reading this it only shows how important any customer contact can be. If you can be face to face with a potential customer that is just pure gold. Unfortunately that does not seem to be recognized by many in the car trade.

I'm still thinking about GSF to be honest... Just need to justify it. Just had another child so once the prams are out of the way I can see my family in it.

Sales person was a little surprised when I said to him that it's going to be a family car and mostly driven by my wife doing school runs :-)

And I agree: they should be more proactive from sales point of view. All they need to do is have a casual chat when you're dropping the car for a service. And you never know...[emoji12]

• Like 1

I think dealers are missing a trick with curtesy cars. When you go in for service, treat it as a potential test drive. If you take an IS in for service and book a curtesy car they should give you the option of a GS or similar, the car they would hope to sell you next rather than a CT.

• Like 1

Just wanted to hear an opinion on what LOC members reaction would be to the state of these two filters ,placed side by side with new replacements, had they found these in situ in the car they had collected from a dealer not 5 hours before taking these shots ?   The car had allegedly received a service prior to is delivery and allegedly met dealer and possibly franchise used vehicle standards ?

lexus dealer 2.jpg

lexus  dealer.jpg

• Like 1

According to the checklists, filters aren't guaranteed to be replaced during a service. They use the old "check and replace if necessary" chestnut, plus I believe they would charge extra for a pollen filter anyway.

Looks like the pollen filter wasn't even checked though, or surely they would've at least gave it a few taps to get rid of the dried-up leaves.

• Like 3

I did email their dealer Principal two weeks ago , no response, sent these very same photos .  Changed the Pollen filter and the air con smelt better and performed very much better !  On changing the air filter the vehicle mpg increased on the same journey very slightly but that would make sense .  Just disappointed at being ignored and that they would skimp on £40 retail, (£25 net) worth of simple service items. Ah well, onward and upward , will be going north to another dealer and sadly cannot recommend this one !! , Reputations are made by many acts and destroyed by one ! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 999101999 said:

£40 retail, (£25 net) worth of simple service items. 

I highly doubt it is £25 net... More like £1 for cabin and maybe £5-6 for main filter. I checked my history and previous owner had issues with corroding rims (not surprised), apparently Lexus had changed 2 sets for him before and the 3rd set was "complimentary"... not sure why he had to pay for such thing during warranty, but comment on invoice to service dept. reads: "as this is 3rd set make sure discount is applied".. guess how much was the rims before and after the discount.

Normal price: 4x £578.95 +VAT

Discounted price: 4x £47.50 including fitting and everything else... I wish I had that 90%+ discount. 

So if filter retails is £40... you can count yourself... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 999101999 said:

Just wanted to hear an opinion on what LOC members reaction would be to the state of these two filters ,placed side by side with new replacements, had they found these in situ in the car they had collected from a dealer not 5 hours before taking these shots ?   The car had allegedly received a service prior to is delivery and allegedly met dealer and possibly franchise used vehicle standards ?

A full service or intermediate? Filters wouldn't even be inspected on an intermediate service.

Got the OE filter price's from Lexus Birmingham, and that included postage.  Shocking mark up for Denso filter ! 

I might call Lexus if I get any issues re rim corrosion on the F sport, not what you would expect.  My 9 year old 220D is still sound !

2 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

A full service or intermediate? Filters wouldn't even be inspected on an intermediate service.

I guess the point here is that car was "used approved" and "serviced" prior delivery, so one would assume it is nearly new condition... at least for such cheap serviceable parts like filters and fluids. Now "assume" doesn't mean that is the case or right... just that "used approved" doesn't really means anything nowadays... As mentioned by @doog442 small print actually states they can sell you complete lemon which never been services and the only difference going to be that they backdate service book... 

ColinBarber, The car has done 69k and was due a 70k full according to the service book, seems as though they may have completed an intermediate as a sales service and hence the filters.  I did ask that question and so far no response either from the dealer .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 999101999 said:

ColinBarber, The car has done 69k and was due a 70k full according to the service book, seems as though they may have completed an intermediate as a sales service and hence the filters.  I did ask that question and so far no response either from the dealer .

If they have stamped your full service space in the book then you should contact Lexus GB and also trading standards.

• Like 2

Linas,P, your right to some degree, I was getting pretty grumpy, but no point, spent a couple of days and £100 and its all sorted including a decent valet!   Just going to enjoy the drive and If asked about the supplying dealer I may well respond in a negative vain :-)

23 hours ago, Farqui said:

The service mgr did come across as pleasant but he hasn't addressed false advisories. Nor did his deputy. A poor show and hasn't given me any confidence to return.

Now that is disappointing, I would expect at least one of them to say 'ah well, win some, lose some'! 

• Like 1

The service mgr did come across as pleasant but he hasn't addressed false advisories. Nor did his deputy. A poor show and hasn't given me any confidence to return.

Now that is disappointing, I would expect at least one of them to say 'ah well, win some, lose some'! 

The deputy fed my line after line which didn't wash as I'd checked the parts myself. I discussed it with the service manager (he was emailed beforehand) and he clearly wasn't fussed.

I wonder if they often quote for replacing parts that aren't necessary on the off chance someone coughs up?

58 minutes ago, Farqui said:

The deputy fed my line after line which didn't wash as I'd checked the parts myself. I discussed it with the service manager (he was emailed beforehand) and he clearly wasn't fussed.

I wonder if they often quote for replacing parts that aren't necessary on the off chance someone coughs up?

Well, I got quoted for stuff two years ago, which miraculously disappeared the next service, then the same total sum reappeared - but for something else this year. Does make you wonder. 

• Like 1

That is why I always sort "big ticket" items before Lexus service or at least check the car and do not accept any extra thing they "found" unless I know myself it was up for replacement.

Again looking back to my service history they have charged previous owner with AT Box oil "top-up".... at 38k miles and then every service after that. It is not much ~ £20-40 worth... but it feels so wrong when you know gearbox oil is "life time" fill... OK maybe not life-time and after 60 or 100k miles it needs refreshment, but topping it up on 2 years old car and 38k miles is just fraud... That was Hedge-End Lexus btw.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2017 at 8:27 PM, 999101999 said:

Hello,  Has anyone any experience with dealing with Listers / Lexus Lincoln, sales and service ?

Bought my CT from Listers Lexus Cheltenham.  Sales experience was underwhelming, prep of car was poor, tried to sell me their own extended warranty which was more than the Lexus one, never provided the quote for a service plan despite being requested several times.

Was asked for feedback by Lexus, so gave what I thought was honest and constructive comments.  These were fed back to the dealer principle who left a message for me to call him to discuss.  Every time I called back he was busy, or I was just left on hold, so after leaving a message for him I left it at that.

Used Bristol for servicing since and they have been OK

• Like 2

Mikeyb999, that mirrors pretty much my experience.  Unfortunate that this is how we as customers are left feeling. Sure there must be very satisfied clients but equally there network and Lexus themselves appear to be failing to address the clients that are having issues and could be bought back to the fold if addressed !