Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Your Lexus Dealer Experience

Lexus Sidcup do seem to be a bit hit and miss.

When I bought my GS from them, the car wasn't prepared at all well when I collected it, but they managed to rectify the faults thanks to a few individuals in their service department.

You can see what happened to mine here:

• Like 1

when i bought my current IS from lexus liverpool the prep work before you collect

was pretty poor, the car had some scratches down the side and on the bonnet in the lacquer

but when you are buying using pcp if you hand the car back you will be charged for

these repairs even though they where present at purchase, lexus liverpool did take the car

back in and have them rectified ,i do feel any damage present at purchase should be noted

to make sure you wouldn't be liable at the end of the term if you choose to hand it back.

besides this lexus liverpool are really good to deal with and nothing is to much trouble for them.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2017 at 12:54 AM, stevetees said:

I started using Lexus Guildford in 2015 there about and I've sticked to them ever since.Their service is excellent and the staff in their service department are all good people. I will always recommend Colin and Steve.

Prior to this time I used Lexus Sidcup but got burnt and stung by a dodgy technician. Had to complain to Lexus Head Office before the matter got resolved. I have never been there since then. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!

However, I would recommend their parts department as they go the extra mile to find you any part you need for your car.

Fortunately bad sales experience is something that is generally short term and typically comes to a close, good or bad. Per stevetees I am curious about what burnt and stung means in regards to technician work. For me long term damage to a vehicle due to mechanical negligence, there would be absolutely no excuse for this from a dealership. If there is no follow up from the top of the business in regards to questionable practices at the front and back of house, not only does this damage the brand as a whole but customers will vote with their feet + share their experiences with others.

• 2 weeks later...

Snows Lexus Plymouth, don't bother with their service dept, they are not at all helpful of friendly.

I have had a few issue, but the worse was the chassis leg issue that I had about 12 months ago, they refused it under warranty only for it to be failed on a mot less than 6 months later. When I spoke to Lexus directly they claimed that they had no record of me ever raising this as an issue at the dealership.

Despite me repeatedly asking to be taken off their mailing list they still call me/email etc, this may seem pathetic but it shows how they don't listen to customers requests

Snows Lexus Exeter are marginally better, however they seldom have any parts in stock, everything is "factory order"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 6/30/2021 at 8:28 AM, royoftherovers said:

Have you tried doing a search Stevie ?

Hi John

from the poll you had running a while ago are there any dealerships on your list that stands out for Stevie

1 minute ago, 200h said:

Hi John

from the poll you had running a while ago are there any dealerships on your list that stands out for Stevie

I passed the task over to another member Mark.

I have never seen a poor report re Hull.

A search may be helpful.

6 hours ago, 200h said:

i thought you'd know the moral to the story John

if you want a job doing properly do it yourself

I instigated, I maintained and I passed it over.

Good stewardship is a rare event these days Mark.

• Like 1

Dont know were you are based.. but Birmingham Lexus for me have gone above and beyond all the time every time in my 15yrs off owning Lexus's (on and off)

Lexus Birmingham is part of Steven Eagell group. They messed me about before when I was car hunting. They agreed a deal with me and the minute I requested to come and view the vehicle - they pulled the rug from underneath me.

Tbh i have read and been in two negotiations (for family and friends) with Toyota SE.. both times poor service and when i found out Lexus Birmingham had been taken over i was a little hesitant. Speaking from Personal experience i have have had no issues with them. (Edit: for now)

But I know what you mean.

I bought a ISF of Lexus in Hull.. they drove to me to Birmingham to show me the car after a £500 deposit (refundable if i didn't like it). Anyway was told it will have new pads and disks and full service. Cant go wrong. . . Or can it. . ? 

A month later i hear a noise from the brakes, took it for Birmingham Lexus and they told me the pads are low and disks are new. I drove the car about 500miles in that month (family driving). No way could the pads get less then 70% IN 500MILES. 

Cut a long story short i had emails to back up the work they said they will do, which they refused initially they did. Cant believe they used old pads on new discs on a 400+ bhp car. I got some money back for the pads. So my experience with Lexus Hull... never going back.

• Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Ace8800 said:

I bought a ISF of Lexus in Hull.. they drove to me to Birmingham to show me the car after a £500 deposit (refundable if i didn't like it). Anyway was told it will have new pads and disks and full service. Cant go wrong. . . Or can it. . ? 

A month later i hear a noise from the brakes, took it for Birmingham Lexus and they told me the pads are low and disks are new. I drove the car about 500miles in that month (family driving). No way could the pads get less then 70% IN 500MILES. 

Cut a long story short i had emails to back up the work they said they will do, which they refused initially they did. Cant believe they used old pads on new discs on a 400+ bhp car. I got some money back for the pads. So my experience with Lexus Hull... never going back.

That's nuts ! I can understand new pads on part worn discs but the other way around :wacko: .To change the discs you need to remove the calipers and the old pads just pull out or fall out even, a simple job to ease the piston back and slot new pads in, takes minutes. That's truly unforgivable, as you say on a performance vehicle as well.  

• Like 3

Lexus Coventry. Took my RC300h in for service today. Sorted out a financial  mistake on the service plan that was opened last year. Didn't realise at the time, but the service plan included the cost of 3 MOT's, when 2 are included in the 2 for 1 extended warranty. Ha, never mind, all sorted in good spirit.

Had a 400 mile UX 250h for the day. Nice to borrow, but not a future purchase for me. 

My third service visit, and as usual, all staff very polite, and a pleasure to do business with.

• Like 2