Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

iPhone connectivity

Can anyone tell me whether the infotainment system on the iS300h connects with the Iphone please.  I currently run a VW Touareg R Line, that whilst it will connect via Bluetooth, won't receive SMS/email alerts because the VW system doesn't do apple Car Play or mirroring, and the Iphone doesn't do RSAP.  I'm looking at moving on from the Touareg for something new, and am considering the iS300h, but I want something that will connect with the phone fully.  

Also, the iS300h looks to be a much improved car, but is it only the Premium models that come with the reversing camera?

18 minutes ago, steveledzep said:

I wouldn't buy a car to fit my phone.....I'd change my phone to one that fits my choice of car :smile:

Ok, I'm going to entertain you, but when the whole family is on apple and the functionality suits, we're not likely to be changing phones, especially on contract.  I'm looking to change the Touareg anyway having owned it from new for 3 years now.  Looking at what to buy and phone connectivity, is one of the points to consider.  If the iS300h doesn't do it, it comes off the list when there are others that do.  Its just one of the considerations in making the change.  

I vowed never to own another Lexus having had a bad experience with an iS220d and woeful service from the main dealership (Sytner), but, I can go to another dealership for service as long as the car is good and fits our needs.

The infotainment system in the IS is the worst feature on the car. Smart phone connectivity is basically Bluetooth music streaming and that's it. Forget about Car Play. 

The iDrive system in my old BMW 335i which was built over a decade ago has more functionality and better design than the system Lexus use across their whole product range. So if infotainment is top of your shopping list I wouldn't bother looking at any of the current Lexus range. 

I find the system works well with the Iphone.

Coming from the Volvo which the system was very basic with no reading of messages/emails etc the Lexus feels a lot better equipped.

Always connects with both work and personal phones and text messages are shown on the dash screen.

I use the dictation on Siri for responding to messages.

I for one think having emails show on your dash screen pretty pointless as emails tend to be of the larger content and I certainly wouldn't want to be reading/responding to those on the dash screen anyway.

Loving the connection of apple Music and the album art on the dash screen, inc the search option of what tracks you have in your phone.

Maybe the system isn't as up to date as the competition but for me coming from my previous car it does more than I expected.

Each to their own though, I found the sat nav very poor on the Lexus and others love it.

Ask a dealer to connect your phone to one of their cars, this takes seconds and you will feel first hand how it performs.

Smart phone connectivity is basically Bluetooth music streaming and that's it

No knowledge of iphones but do know that my Samsung S6 edge connects reliably every time. SMS messages are displayed & read out and calls can be answered.  Podcasts play & display title etc on the screen.    Seems like a perfectly acceptable system to me.

Iphone works okay with the IS system. SMS alert seems a bit hit and miss and you cannot reply (down to Apple's restrictions). No email notifications at all.

Reversing camera comes with the premium info system, standard on the Premier but optional on other grades. There is also a 'cheaper' version of the info system / reversing camera (standard on the Executive Edition) which doesn't have the realtime guidelines that move with the steering wheel.

Advance comes with reversing camera as well

After updating my software to the latest version it's been smooth sailing. Infotainment system is responsive and no issues with phone connections

2 hours ago, Alan Partridges Left Glove said:

Do software updates have to be done at the garage?

Nope if you have TSB number then you can do it at home using Lexus Service website. 

TSB stands for technical service bulletin. The latest one for the IS300h was released on the 5th December for the Lexus Media Display. The latest update brings the system upto level RC4. This includes fixes for loss of favourite contacts and voice tags as well as other bug improvements including Bluetooth phone and audio streaming.