Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My ISF (shameless attention seeking post)

Hi guys

I got my F on the last day of October 2016 and thought it was time to show you what I've been doing (apologies if the photos are all messed up, I don't really understand how to post them properly...)

Mine is a black 2008 car with just under 100k miles on it and came with a custom stainless exhaust and BC coilovers. I had heard the ride was hard on 08 cars but the BCs are really comfortable (I suspect the springs are actually a bit too soft). The exhaust is not over the top but it is loud at all times - whatever the revs. I thought it was a bit too intense at first but now I'm addicted to the noise and everyone says the same thing when they hear it "it sounds like a beast"!

It's by far the most powerful car I've driven so I've been treating it with maximum respect, especially in the terrible winter weather, but I'm slowly building my confidence in it. You all know what these cars drive like so I'll just say that it is exceeding all of my expectations and even taking it fairly gently it is massively fast and nicely balanced. It's the kind of car I could just drive for hours, I'm averaging high teens MPG and I couldn't care less, every penny on fuel is money well spend as far as I'm concerned! 

Old wheels.jpg

• Like 4

The car was in great condition when I got it apart from a couple of niggles. The brakes were pretty shot, the paintwork needed some TLC and I wasn't sold on the gloss black wheels as I think they clash with the chrome trim on the car. The standard wheel fitment also really bugged me as they are tucked so far in the beautiful swollen arches. So over the past couple of weeks I've:

1) Had a monster 2 day valet and detail from South Wales Car Care to get the engrained brake dust out of the paint!

2) Fitted new brembo discs all round (from ECP) and EBC yellow stuff pads all round

3) Fitted 19 inch Japanese Racing JR21's.

The wheels were a bit of a gamble as the rear offset is a bit too aggressive (at et40) plus they needed spacers to clear the calipers. But I went for it as there was nothing else that I really fancied as I'm quite fussy about wheels and I couldn't afford £5k for customer forged wheels! Turns out they fit really well with only a tiny bit of rubbing on left hand turns. I'm getting the coilovers adjusting on Tuesday so should be able to get rid of this and improve the stance further.  

Front 1.jpg

side1.jpg

rear side.jpg

The car is close to being perfect (in my eyes at least :wink3:) so future plans are quite modest. An apexi filter is coming soon and I'll fit new coolant hoses. I'll fit some spacers on the front to fill the arches a bit more, and then I'll just drive it and enjoy it.

I attended a pistonheads tunnel run yesterday which was fun and people were really interested in the car, most had never seen one and some never knew they existed. Here's a picture of some GTRs and my old Legacy which I sold to get the Lex

GTR.jpg

Lex legacy.jpg

Top banana! Looks superb. Wheels make a massive difference. Personally I like stealth cars when they are black so would plasti dip the badges and chrome accents. I'd also have dark gun metal wheels. With the silver wheels it works well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

Top banana! Looks superb. Wheels make a massive difference. Personally I like stealth cars when they are black so would plasti dip the badges and chrome accents. I'd also have dark gun metal wheels. With the silver wheels it works well. 

Thanks! I did think of going stealth but I've seen a few blacked out ISF but very few with silver wheels. It's good to stand out even if there's only 200 of us to begin with 😁

• Like 1

That looks stunning mate! A good detail works wonders :thumbsup: Have you thought about taking off the 'Lexus' and 'ISF' badges? The car has such a sharp look I think it could work well.

Have you done anything to the interior?

• Like 1

Thanks guys, the comments mean a lot. 

No interior changes yet. Debadging is an interesting idea, although I do like giving some indicators as to what it is as most people are clueless! 

Getting the suspension sorted tomorrow so I'll try and get some more pictures. 

Mine is semi debadged; when I got it, the 'Lexus' was missing from the rear, but it still has the ISF bit. My grille surround has been painted Obsidian Black too. I've just had the windows tinted and I think I'm going to plastidip the rear badges and the window surrounds. Going for the murdered out look.

• Like 1

Looks nice mate, I think the silver wheels look much nicer than the "I've lost my wheel trims" black wheels...!!!

I think it needs debadging and then for a laugh put a BMW 318i badge on the back....

• Like 1