Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hunting for a GS 450H

Farqui

27 minutes ago, Farqui said:

Sounds like a practical solution John, looking forward to seeing pic's :wink3:

In your picture "particularly on the righthand side" you can see the black plastic cover over the motor that drives the shock adjustment. This cover just lifts off.

John

• Like 1

All front and rear damper tops are dry with no signs of oil leaks.

A boot cargo net arrived today :yes: but it seems to be missing the upper clips :wacko:

Update: ah it seems that the 08 may not have had the upper clips by the opening, instead they are further forward (which I have).

DSC_0180.jpg

I suppose it keeps the boot opening free of bits'n'bobs.

Credit; http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-3rd-gen-2006-2011/380295-cargo-net-in-already-small-trunk-opening.html#post3850070

14 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

Good news :smile:  Did Lexus ever get back to you about claiming the dampers were leaking?

That net looks pretty good.  Might have to invest in one myself.

No, I'm still clocking up the miles to allow Lexus to check the Hybrid system and I'll know more about the dampers after it's up on the ramps tomorrow.

The cargo net wasn't expensive, it popped up on eBay one night.  Mine is already loaded with junk LOL.

Just got a quote from Tony Banks (Leeds) for a new custom rear exhaust £329 incl'g fitting + VAT.  

Which doesn't look too bad when compared to £160 for Lexus to patch up the leaky Y.  

If we patch a leak now then how long will it be before another rears it head?

After a few searches it looks like several folks are running TB's exhausts, with positive feedback.

Will see what my local mechanic thinks tomorrow after we've inspected the pipe work.

• Like 1

Gs300h fsport is really good. Just got one from a dealership in london. So impressed with the ride. I thought my is220 sport was the  best. But cant really compare..got the is220 modified but ride was still good

IMG_1302.JPG

10 hours ago, Jcgs300h said:

Gs300h fsport is really good. Just got one from a dealership in london. So impressed with the ride. I thought my is220 sport was the  best. But cant really compare..got the is220 modified but ride was still good

IMG_1302.JPG

Welcome John. That is a beautiful colour and  reminds me of an outstanding bottle of red wine I enjoyed recently.

I hope that you have many years of enjoyable and trouble free motoring.

Regards

John

Yeah enjoyed it for a good 3 years...no major problem...just the dpf. But luckily i have a friend who fixes dpf issues. If anyone needs sorting out with their dpf just message me.

The car has been up on the ramps and my trusted local mechanic gave it the once over with me.

All of the shocks are bone dry with no signs of any leaks or misting ANYWHERE. So for now I'm going to ignore the Lexus recommendation LOL.

The exhaust is definitely blowing at the rear Y, as you could clearly see from the earlier picture I posted.  But we did spot the OSR box has an issue

20170217_151554.jpg

20170217_151610.jpg

Pretty obvious huh.

Neither Lexus nor the last MOT flagged it.  It can't just have appeared in the last 3 weeks since I've owned it.  I despair.

The rear section clearly isn't an economical repair now so I bunged my indi some beer money for using him ramps. Looks like I'll be getting a new rear section made up in the not to distant future.

Well, at least you have had a proper look at it now :smile:

I don't really trust what an MOT says unless it is something really obvious.  I have had something come up on an MOT advisory one year, then, without touching it, have it not mentioned the year after.

You could probably take the car to half a dozen different garages and get half a dozen different replies as to what it currently needs.

It is no substitute for have a look yourself.

Good thing you spotted the back box problem before having the Y pipe welded.  At least now you know you can are getting a proper fix.

As for the dampers, next time ask Lexus to send you a video of the fault.  Every time my car has gone into the workshop for a problem, they have sent me a video without me even asking for it.

• Like 1

True, the bonus is that a new rear section will be hassle free for a loooooong time.

Lexus are cheeky, it doesn't look like the air filter was changed.  I bet the service check is something like 'if deemed necessary'.  Crumbs in my opinion an air filter should be annual, just like the oil filter.

I applied some Wurth Gummi Fit Rubber Care Stick to all the door seals yesterday and I reckon it's quietened the car down even more (not that it was noisy anyway).

So thanks to the forum for highlighting this new-to-me product 👍

You are correct in that they will only change the air filter if they deem it necessary, which seems to be never.  This is what mine looked like last time I changed it:

IMG_20150820_175331822_zpsegrbzyg4.JPGIMG_20150820_175324505_zpspo9ws5hl.JPG

I too have just used silicone on my door seals and I am surprised how much noise has disappeared.  Never had to worry about such things in the olden days, but then they were probably drowned out by the creaking the dash used to make. :smile:

• Like 1

Turns out the passenger footwell has only been blowing cold, making the Mrs unhappy. Before you ask...yes, we tried all options of Dual/modes/temps/etc [emoji6]

So after surfing for solutions I dived in to check the servos

d77abbe687cee0679f12df027e548910.jpg

7fd339f4c983ee053fd5c85731bd4534.jpg

I eventually tracked down the passenger temp control (passenger side) but with the fixing screws out, I couldn't get the servo out [emoji19]

With fading light I decided to button it all back up and went for a quick test drive. What'd'ya know, the passenger footwell is now working!

The only difference is that I taped up the ducting, both sides, to get a good seal from the heater core.

Result.

Tho the sceptic in me reckons it can't be that easy and that I'll be back under the dash before too long. Which is just as well as I have a few screws left over [emoji13] Never finish up a job in the dark!

• Like 3