Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dash cam.

Totally agree with you Steve.  The only difference I could see between the ones on eBay with the same number of tools, same design etc. was price, even the colours were the same.

Of course if you're a professional removing trim, radios etc. day in day out or you've got a really big renovation job you might need something better with more tools so the 11 piece set definitely has its place but for most of us who just want to lever a bit of trim up once in a blue moon I assume the 99p one will do everything we need.  I've got a Facom socket wrench, top quality will last a lifetime.  Do I need it?  Not at all but my father was a mechanic so his job depended on good quality, dependable tools, when he stopped working and tinkering he gave it to me plus all his other high quality sockets, spanners etc.  So I've got tools that would be the envy of many an amateur mechanic and they sit in a toolbox from one year to the next.

I wasn't inferring anything, Steve. The ones I got from Amazon were no doubt made in China too for all I know.

I was simply opining that they felt like they were worth the money, even if it was x10 as costly. The fact they were genuinely in the UK and could be delivered within 24hrs was the key factor in me choosing them. I've bought enough stuff off eBay over the years to be wary of "UK" sellers that place Union Jacks etc in their listings and then the item ends up arriving from China a couple of weeks later anyway.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Wallace said:

Went to Halfords and had a Nextbase 321GW fitted, so I think this post is finished now, thanks for all the input.

As a matter of interest, where did they take the power from?

• 4 years later...

Thread revival!!

I have a Novotek A118/B40, but I can’t access the menu.  Pressing, holding, or jerjiggling the menu button doesn’t change the screen at all.  Any ideas please?

Thanks in advance

Malcolm