Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi there.

a few days ago I noticed flashing off light on the dash. not for a long time just a few seconds... a few times.yesterday my rear suspension went up and now  light is flushing constantly...  front suspension much much lower. And no any response when pressing height button from low to normal and high.

was in local garage and they said it might be rear sensors and compressor.

any chance I can check my height sensor before I buy new ones? (£200 each) :/

any suggestions?

thanks!

lukas

Thank you for your help... did that today and no any reaction... JEM in Colindale suspect faulty rear sensor and possibly compressor... I clean my rear sensors inside-also no luck... still rear stays up... also I did a small check- removed nuts from both sensors and I pushed both up... pump start working, but when I pull them down I could hear click noise somewhere where the pump is but it didn't drop the car... :/

at least I know pump is working... 

is any chance I can test each sensor with some tool? Ohmmeter? And I'm thinking about faulty dumping valve or solenoid... pump is running manually but not dropping car down...

All fine guys!!! 

Problem fixed... probably that was a wire from solenoid which should take the air off from the suspension circuit. I'm so happy!

JEM quoted £800 for the sensors and £2500 for new pump... so save some money yeah.

:D

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, LukasG said:

All fine guys!!! 

Problem fixed... probably that was a wire from solenoid which should take the air off from the suspension circuit. I'm so happy!

JEM quoted £800 for the sensors and £2500 for new pump... so save some money yeah.

What an excellent result, well done. Why aren't my car problems ever that straightforward!!!

Thanks!

one suggestion to all users... before buying sensors... take old ones out and simple test them using similar tool (my was from screwfix, cost £7) you need to touch middle and right connector on the sensor.

number on the screen should change if you will move the arm up and down... that's the sign your sensor responding for moves and is working properly!

also you can clean the tracks inside using wd40 and sand a bit springs inside... 

sorry I now I new hire and uploading lots of pictures ect... if I'm doing something wrong please let me know. :D

IMG_8084.JPG

IMG_8085.JPG

IMG_8086.JPG

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LukasG said:

All fine guys!!! 

BRILLIANT result.

Happy days - and a happy outcome!

:w00t:

2 hours ago, LukasG said:

Ok... start digging whole morning... Aaand... have found broken wire on my compressor (white one)

fill try to fix it in a minute... lets hope! :D

IMG_8082.JPG

That looks more like a cut - it's quite neat. Any idea what caused it?

John

• Like 1

On my last LS430 a height sensor was saved by by taking it apart, cleaning and resealing.  It's mostly water ingress that causes the problem, and at £320 each it's certainly worth trying if you have a problem with them.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
4 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Hi Oldtrout. 

I have the exact same problem, and thanks to you I can investigate the same. 

Can you show where this solenoid is located please?

Thanks

I think you need to message LukasG rather than John (Old Trout) as he was the one with the original problem.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi can anyone advise.

i have a Lexus rx300 . The suspension is playing up its jumping all over the road one minute then it’s ok . Very strange. The height adjustment is not staying in position. Is it the suspension or the height adjustment mechanism. Or something else. Sounds expensive. Help Steve 

• 7 months later...

Good morning

I have a 2004 Rx300h on air suspension. Unfortunately it has dropped on the passenger side however it has a brand new shocker that has been fitted? The button inside to raise and lower is inoperative. Any suggestions as to what this could be? Thanks in advance

57 minutes ago, Jay_219 said:

Good morning

I have a 2004 Rx300h on air suspension. Unfortunately it has dropped on the passenger side however it has a brand new shocker that has been fitted? The button inside to raise and lower is inoperative. Any suggestions as to what this could be? Thanks in advance

Did a garage fit the part?

Maybe take it back?

Hi Jay.

I did at lot of work on my RX300 suspension.

I learned loads thru working on it and my research. So here we go.

If it's only the one that is lowering then it is a result.

You say you had the unit replaced, so I'm worndering why. Was it lowering before, hence the replacement.

Has the garage fitted the unit properly, or not connected the air pipes correctly.

If we assume the refit was done ok, then there is only two things that can be at fault. The sensor or the ECU. Either is cheap and one can be tested and repaired. The ECU can't.

The first one to test is the sensor. I pray for you that it's not the front one as it's not easy to remove. The rear one is simple and quick to remove.

To test the sensor you will need a multimeter.

If you need to check it there's a good youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDFBm3AkVEs

• Like 2