Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS 450h - replacement 12v battery?

My 12v Battery isn't holding much charge and this recent cold weather seems to have almost killed it off - requiring a boost charge every 2 or 3 days if I've not driven the car.

So - as Lexus appear to want £300+ for a new (Panasonic I assume) Battery "ah but it has an extra connection that other similar batteries don't have Sir"... can anyone recommend a good replacement that's available at more reasonable cost?

I'm currently looking at the Bosch S5 AGM range - though a direct size for size replacement doesn't seem to be available (going from Google info, I've yet to measure and properly check specs of the existing OEM one).

I obviously realise that I'll need to move the temp sensor from old Battery to new - but have heard good and bad stories so looking for anyone who's in the UK and has done this with a good result.

Any help appreciated.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Have a look at the Exide Edge range of AGM batteries. Also although this sounds a bit off the wall I use a mobility scooter Battery in my GS450H. These batteries are designed to withstand deep discharges on a daily basis. They also generally have a much higher amp hour capacity size for size against other batteries. They are available on line, and from some Battery outlets such as The Battery Bay at Cannock. The batteries do not have standard terminal posts, but standard adaptor post can be bought and fitted for a couple of pounds.

I also used a mobility Battery in my Prius a very tall thin Battery, and was able to find a Battery of the same dimensions, but with 30% more capacity. If you are disabled no VAT is charged on mobility batteries.

If you can measure the Battery tray I can give details of suitable batteries.

John 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 1/7/2017 at 9:10 AM, MrShades said:

My 12v battery isn't holding much charge and this recent cold weather seems to have almost killed it off - requiring a boost charge every 2 or 3 days if I've not driven the car.

So - as Lexus appear to want £300+ for a new (Panasonic I assume) battery "ah but it has an extra connection that other similar batteries don't have Sir"... can anyone recommend a good replacement that's available at more reasonable cost?

I'm currently looking at the Bosch S5 AGM range - though a direct size for size replacement doesn't seem to be available (going from Google info, I've yet to measure and properly check specs of the existing OEM one).

I obviously realise that I'll need to move the temp sensor from old battery to new - but have heard good and bad stories so looking for anyone who's in the UK and has done this with a good result.

Any help appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi i gotta BOSCH S5 in mine bu ti am having problems with a fault code p0355 which could be down to the Battery problems, when i bought it i was told it might not be the right one

what is the extra connection u mentioned?

41 minutes ago, moonshiner said:

Hi i gotta BOSCH S5 in mine bu ti am having problems with a fault code p0355 which could be down to the battery problems, when i bought it i was told it might not be the right one

what is the extra connection u mentioned?

A PO355 code relates to a faulty ignition coil or it's connections.

John.

57 minutes ago, Britprius said:

A PO355 code relates to a faulty ignition coil or it's connections.

John.

sorry John, was a mistype P0335 was one of the errors 

P0335 Crankshaft Position Sensor "A" Circuit Malfunction