Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

my new brakes

Monster-Mat

• 5 months later...

Braided lines make a hell of a difference. The pedal will feel quite hard when you step on it, but the progressive feel will be much better and you will notice less fade after heavy repeated braking (best to combine with uprated pads though).

I'm just in the process of getting Goodridge to make up some steel hoses for my IS200, they should hopefully be available on the market in the next week or two.

BTW, Mat, whom did you order your brake kit for and do they have a website?

yes rodders get in touch with the toms/trd /l-tuned supplier in Gold discounts

i am getting my set up from Pro Lex Performance in the US,thr brakes were fitted to a race is300,but the governing body of the race series,banned them,plus other competiters said that the Lexus had an unfair advantage when breaking...........

they had only completed race testing/qualifing on them,they will be getting re-built and re-powder coated b4 shipping to me

Rodders,

You'll be able to get braided lines from TRD, TOMS etc as mentioned but they're almost double the cost of Goodridge ones and no better in quality. If you can get your hands on a stock rubber brake hose from a breaker or second hand, you just need to send it to Goodridge in Exeter and they can turn them around in 2-3 days. The alternative would be to remove the stock hoses on the car if you're not going to use it for a few days (you're gonna have to remove them anyway) and do the same.

BTW, its also a good idea to use better brake fluid. I remember reading a post about a DOT 5 fluid that Toyota sell.

Mat, if the brake kit was developed for race use, make doubly sure that the race seals have been replaced with dust seals for street use. I know someone who bought a race kit and had to then spend a small fortune getting them reconditioned quite often.

4-piston callipers are going to be incredibly efficient at braking. They're just as good as having an additional 100bhp in my book, because you can leave braking to the very last second, and still stop faster than anyone else. Just gotta be careful that the person behind you is not too close, you'll always stop quicker than they ever will.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links