Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS MkII Front Caliper Guide Pins

Craignaneun

Hi,

I wondered if anyone can help regarding finding a replacement front caliper sliding pin set for a 2007 IS220d.  The Lexus part is ca. £40 but various suppliers (Frentech UK, Brakeparts.co.uk, etc.) have kits for most cars at a fraction of the cost but nothing listed for the IS MkII.  The kit for the IS200 is £10 & I'd like to do both front calipers so the saving is not insignificant.

Also, I found the small inner bush (for the upper? pin) on eBay & it's listed for IS, GS plus Toyota Avensis, Previa, etc. So I'm wondering if the pins for these other models would do?  

Any help very much appreciated.

S

Welcome Scott. :smile:

I am afraid someone who has access to the part numbers is going to have to reply to the specifics of your post, but I was wondering why you couldn't just re-use the old ones?  Normally they can be cleaned up and put back in with some fresh grease. 

Firstly thank you Dave, very much appreciated. They're on order.

To answer the questions regarding re-use of the pin, well.......it broke.  Bit of a long story but, car idle for 6 months whilst abroad. Three out of the 4 calipers siezed. Got pins out of all but one (typical) which just refused to come. As a last resort I tried tweaking the nut at the end of the pin but broke the pin (I know, I know....)!  So I drilled a small hole in line with the pin at the opposite end of the caliper and pressed out the pin. I'll tap & cap the hole and replace the entire caliper when I'm able to.

Final thing, thanks for the help & assistance. Great resource.

Scott