Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oh dear, that styling. What ever happened to the quite understated elegance. I am afraid great a car it might be, but that front and sides really do 'scare the horses' and me too.

fascinating car but i am not sure if i like it or not, need to see more pics or better in the flesh.

it looks unmistakably Asian with hints of Hyundai, Nissan, Kia. i Can't see German influences at this stage.

engine V6 twinturbo petrol only at the moment. Will there be more options? V8, Hybrid? Fuell cell?

look forward to more info in the next few days.

Sadly by the time that lovely looking beast is affordable on my budget I'll be dribbling down my shirt and always sitting on my glasses (assuming I'll have the strength to stand up in the first place) I'll also be too old to get insurance!

• Like 3

It definitely has presence, but to my taste looks as if the designer was trying much too hard. Interesting that someone mentioned Kia and Hyundai because I've always felt the same about their cars, almost a case of being "over designed" if that makes sense.The best looking cars, in my view, give the impression of effortless design.I still prefer the X350 xj jag to the more modern design, although it is growing on me, I prefer the Mk 2 Jag to the E type, as it's better proportioned. If I could afford one I would buy a Lancia Aurelia B20, which are simply beautiful pieces of automotive art. These cars exude understated elegance, but perhaps my tastes are old fashioned. Judging by the value of Lancia Aurelia B20s now, I think I am not alone. I think a modern version would sell like hot cakes, especially if the urge to add the latest in technology  was resisted.Some modern cars are technically brilliant but are destined, I think, for a short lifespan as second and third owners etc. are unable to afford astronomical repair costs for complex electronic systems that are destined to fail. I, for one, would sacrifice many totally unnecessary gizmos that many of us seem unable to live without, and would much prefer the money to be spent on more sound insulation, more thorough research and development into noise, vibration and harshness, ride/handling etc.  

• Like 1

I have to agree with the OP.  I would expect that it's an absolutely fantastic car to be in, but I don't think the exterior does the car justice.  Comparisons to a Hyundai or Kia say it all.  I'd also suggest that it's got a touch of "Mondeo" about it also.  Bit of a shame really, maybe it looks better in the flesh.

I also agree that they may have tried too hard.  The grill and those wheels look a little too "busy".  No full length sun roof either?

• Like 1

............ beautiful looking beast I agree BUT who on earth would be able to afford one after a few years with all that gizmo etc stuff to repair .......  they all have built in obsolesence I guess and the longevity must surely be very limited by 2nd and 3rd / 4th owners never being able to afford the repairs etc.  ...  and the values just simply collapse much like the Ls600  .......  what price a Bentley  ...  drop @£200k in 5 years !

Nice to see and drive I'm sure but only a very rich man's toy methinks :w00t:

Malc

• Like 1

On 9-1-2017 at 4:17 PM, Jamesf1 said:

Take a look at one of the pics in that article. It shows the gearlever and below that are 4 little buttons. 1 of those states : EV-MODE :

Could it be that Lexus made a mistake in the pressrelease? Could it be on purpose? 

7 hours ago, PJD said:

I have to agree with the OP.  I would expect that it's an absolutely fantastic car to be in, but I don't think the exterior does the car justice.  Comparisons to a Hyundai or Kia say it all.  I'd also suggest that it's got a touch of "Mondeo" about it also.  Bit of a shame really, maybe it looks better in the flesh.

I also agree that they may have tried too hard.  The grill and those wheels look a little too "busy".  No full length sun roof either?

The grill has been on Lexus for the past 4 years now, it was bound to happen.

There are 5 wheel options to choose from ranging from 19-20 inch and there is a full length panoramic sunroof shown in some cars. They have a black glass roof in contrast to the cars with standard sunroof that just have a cutout glass piece.

Full length moonroof:

2017-01-10-2018-lexus-ls-gallery-62.jpg

The car in the video looks much better than the pictures and Ive found that angles dont photograph well - the car itself looks insane - theres nothing like it on the road especially when you see how big the thing is.

• Like 2

Great review, never heard of this site but will look it up now. The new LS. I think it is a truly fascinating car, just the size of the thing, it is wide, low and very long, the size of an S class L or BMW 7 L. the long hood low roof and coupe like roofline reminds me of the Aston Martin Lagonda/tarraf. I would love to see it in the streets in between regular traffic. This is a car that really stands out  Look forward to the first driving reviews!

• Like 2

Seems like a great car the only trouble is if you're tall that you might have trouble sitting in the front or back but maybe the seats will go further down than was demonstrated in the video or even recline in the back

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't agree that it  has elements of Hyundai or Kia, I've always felt that Hyundai/Kia have always baen pinching design elements from Toyota for the past 3 generations of any models. That;s my view anyway.

I liked the LF FC concept much better, but what theyve done with the production LS is growing on me, though wold liked to have seen more of the concept rear on the Prod..