Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 250 Hazard warning switch

My 2006 is 250 hazard warning light switch works eg switches on all hazards flashing light.

MOT said the switch should flash and should be lit when main lights are on, is this correct

The switch does not flash on mine when operationing, you hear the clicking and the arrows on the dash cluster flash.

The switch only glows along with all the other switches and knobs in the car, no more no less.

Hello and welcome to the LOC

To  quote from the MOT manual

"The hazard warning light "tell tale" may be a separate light or same as the indicator "tell tale" However it must be a flashing light"

In other words the flashing indicator lights ( both sides normally flash on hazard) are acceptable and there is no requirement to have an additional flashing light actually on the switch itself.

There is also no mention or therefore a requirement for the hazard warning switch to be illuminated when the exterior vehicle lights are switched on.

Section 1.4 of the link below 

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/518634/mot-inspection-manual-for-class-3-4-5-and-7-vehicles.pdf

If your vehicle has been failed on these points appeal.

• Like 1

Thanks for quick replies. my car did pass MOT but I was concerned at what the tester said in case I had a fault, but this is a great Lexus car. LOC fantastic with so much information especially for persons like me that have to maintain there own cars.

Thanks