Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Trc and (i) light on

IKHbike

TRC light flashing and handbrake light on permanent .Have repaired a damaged ABS cable on the front passenger side and tested the resistance before replacing.Did the wire cross in the diagnostic box and lights go out,press brake the H'brake light returns then half a mile later TRC light on. Replaced rear pads,checked front pads and checked ABS sensor on driver side and rear left and right. Start car lights out then same as before. Have looked at handbrake shoes and all seems fine.The (i) light went out when I released the handbrake after ecu cleared but as soon as pedal pressed it came on and stayed on until ecu cleared again.Any ideas as have no hair to pull out! 

lexus pic 1.jpg

Have had it checked by two diagnostic computers today.Found nothing on first one at my local MOT station and finding the fault or at least part of it being the front passenger ABS sensor at one of our local auto tech colleges (thanks to my daughter asking her boyfriend,cheers Thami!) am looking to the  Lexus IS200 ABS Pump + Module 44540-53020 133800-5500 as have checked continuity on all four sensors and all good.Will clean sensor first and toothed wheel etc. Have noticed an odd vibration in the steering at about 60 mph on some sections of dual carriageway that makes me think the pump may be faulty?

Given up,have dredged the internet for answers and none solve it. MOT has run out,my holiday has run out and my patience has,replacing all four tyres(front look great until you put it on full lock!)prospect of taking it to a Lexus garage to run tests to find exact fault and replacing part's before sorting tracking and getting MOT is frankly more than the car is worth.It drinks fuel like a four litre car(three country road trips of about seven mile recorded 13mpg!) on average less than 20mpg.

Its a solid car and no one could say its mechanical condition gives away its 170 thousand miles but the electrics are a nightmare! Anyone got a Fiesta going cheap? 

I would expect the abs light to indicate abs component issues. If it goes off after initial check, then abs components should be ok. The hand brake and TRC lamps would tend to suggest something brake related, but not abs.

I'll have a dig around.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

TRC button does nothing(checked button/switch and it works) as for pad wear sensors I have come across nothing in the manual to suggest an electrical form of sensor, have I missed something. Thanks for reply by the way

...spoiler lamps,you mean fog lamps.Connection to these is missing and both bulbs are a mess,no visible cable though I did look on line to find that it should be a white with black trace and a red lead,possibly a green also?

To be fair, having not owned an IS200, I'm just suggesting what are possibilities. I know some models do have electrical type wear indicators, some have acoustic (metal tab that scrapes).

I don't believe the fog lamps are part of the brake system check lamp (the exclamation mark lamp). By spoiler, I meant if you have spoiler, they normally have a brake light built in. Low level fluid could also trigger the lamp. 

Is the TRC lamp on solidly, or flashes? 

TRC flashing,comes on after about 500 yards then stays on and both come on each time ignition on,blast you can tell what stage of frustrated I am that I was willing to go with even fog lamps.There is a solenoid missing dimmer switch or light,its the bloke of solenoids just above the diagnostics plug!

Replaced the ABS sensor and abs light no longer a problem(sensor showed correct resistance but obviously something still wrong) but brake light still on.Traced to a blown number plate light ,replaced this and all was well for 30 sec then lost headlights!!.tail,brake number plate all working and all indicators working.No fog lamps front are disconnected(one rotten both have had connection cut of),rear ones are fine.All fusses under bonnet ok but big solenoid does not appear to click,lights where fine prior to replacing a number plate bulb. GIBBER!!