Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello,

I'm a new member to the LOC but I'm on my 4th Lexus, a new model RX450h purchased in Spetember.  A very annoying 'feature' of the Premim Navigation system is that on startup, after the "Caution" screen has been displayed, the system automatically goes to the Sat Nav Menu screen, with POI highlighted.  All of my 3 previous Lexus vehicles had the Premium Navigation system and all of them defaulted to the Map Screen on startup.  The only way to leave the Menu screen is to press the Return key, which then displays the Map screen., 

I've taken this up with my Lexus dealer, with whom I've always enjoyed a good relationship, but their answer was no help at all, the Sales Manager even said that it was a feature as "the system assumed that you'd want to input a destination" - I pointed out that if that was the case then the Destination option would be highlighted rather than POI.

So, has any one else experienced this 'feature' with the Premium Navigation system?  Better still, has anyone experienced it and found a way of getting rid of it?