Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cat C ISF sold on Ebay for £16,300

20 hours ago, Rusty Crobar said:

The LS is a very different car to an F or M5 and not really a drivers car, I'm sure it's a very lovely thing in its own right though. Reliablity would worry me with an M5 but they are epic!

I ran an e61 m5 as a daily before my isf. Epic epic car. What you have to remember  is that when new they were £65k+ and like any other 500hp performance car in that price bracket - bills are substantial.

i bought mine with just under 35k on the clock and did 20k in 2 years.

servicing costs were the same as the isf, a major around the £900 mark, brakes £750 an axle, fuel consumption 11-13 in town, no better than 24 on a run.

its the extras as big rat says that could be a potential nightmare. Mine had £8500 of warranty claims in time I had it. The warranty was around £130 pcm, and allowed me to sleep at night!

would I have another - yes, in a heartbeat, if I could find the right car, and the only with the full warranty. 

Don't get me wrong, my isf has been a revelation, and to some its appeal is not immediately apparent, but it is a great car, and hasn't spent a second longer than necessary off the road than recommended by Lexus, which is a big plus over the m5. However, there could be a replacement on the horizon, drove the new Alfa guila quatrofaglio today - wow. It's on another level. Even the OH was impressed.

Performance wise I was very surprised - it was extremely quick, the OH thought is was on par if not quicker than my old 996 turbo s. 

havent decided 100% if I'll change but if I do - the Alfa will be the car 

pics below of the m5

IMG_0925.JPG

IMG_0926.JPG

• Like 2

Dec/abs unit and abs sensors (unique to the touring) - £3500

front springs - £700

throttle actuators on both banks and coil packs - £2750

wirng on the tailgate (and disgnosis) and new Battery - £1000

car was an 07 - bought in March 2014

8 minutes ago, Tom24 said:

£8500 in 2 years! 

What went wrong with it and how old was the car when you bought it? 

4 minutes ago, Killysprint said:

Dec/abs unit and abs sensors (unique to the touring) - £3500

front springs - £700

throttle actuators on both banks and coil packs - £2750

wirng on the tailgate (and disgnosis) and new battery - £1000

car was an 07 - bought in March 2014

Some similar to yourself Tim, throttle actuators + coils all twice !

alloys 3 cracked - injectors 2 - abs wheel sensors 3 - cracked exhaust manifold n/s

Oh yes Battery - twice.

Got to say it again though that engine, oh have I mentioned that engine 😋

Mine was 06 Carbon black, black leather.

Now if they had made them with a manual like in the states maybe some of the costs relating to the box we had here would have 

made it a little more reliable and a tad cheaper to run 😏

Big Rat

Was there any hassle with claiming on the warranty ? From what I've gathered you can just take the car to any VAT registered garage and as long as they use BMW parts they pay out without question, am I right or wrong ?

3 minutes ago, recaptured said:

Was there any hassle with claiming on the warranty ? From what I've gathered you can just take the car to any VAT registered garage and as long as they use BMW parts they pay out without question, am I right or wrong ?

I understand that is the case always went to main dealers myself as cars I had M3's and 5's I was just not prepared to give them a get out clause, there are some if not better Indys around though one in Bristol can't remember name who have an excellent reputation. 

Big Rat

On a different note can anyone see the ISF going the same way as the Skylines and Supra in regards to increasing in price ? It's quite a rare fast car, or is the e60 M5 a safer bet for a potential "future classic" ?

3 minutes ago, recaptured said:

On a different note can anyone see the ISF going the same way as the Skylines and Supra in regards to increasing in price ? It's quite a rare fast car, or is the e60 M5 a safer bet for a potential "future classic" ?

Good question Stuart there is a thread running on that subject matter now headed ' Plenty of ISF's for sale now '.

Bug Rat

If the damage is just a damaged door and wing, unless it was hit really hard you'd like to think the mechanicals are all fine.  Considering how few there are I wonder at what point it'd be worth buying something like that to drive around in for a while but sell it for spares instead?  Would seem a shame to break what could be a perfectly good car but it might keep several others on the road if they were to have accidents/breakages.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, recaptured said:

one member mentioned he had a hpi check done on the car, care to share ?.

The hpi showed it was seriously damaged and advised to get a full structural check.

Mileage recorded for vehicle under its original registration was a lot higher than was advertised.

Vehicle got a new registration after it was repaired which if you didn't get a hpi check done you would believe that's what you were buying.

I don't have the hpi check anymore but I if I remember it was a 2009 model.

If I remember any more I'll let you all know.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mark6pot said:

The hpi showed it was seriously damaged and advised to get a full structural check.

Mileage recorded for vehicle under its original registration was a lot higher than was advertised.

Vehicle got a new registration after it was repaired which if you didn't get a hpi check done you would believe that's what you were buying.

Blimey!!! I hope the buyer did their research.

The car is showing an eleven plate if it is an 09 how have they managed to show it 2 years younger, even if the eleven is some sort of personalised plate didn't think you could do this, officer dibble would have a pretty dim view of this. Love to know the original index so I can add it to my  list.

Big Rat

12 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

The car is showing an eleven plate if it is an 09 how have they managed to show it 2 years younger, even if the eleven is some sort of personalised plate didn't think you could do this, officer dibble would have a pretty dim view of this. Love to know the original index so I can add it to my  list.

Big Rat

Your list??? Sounds ominous...

1 hour ago, Stuno1 said:

Your list??? Sounds ominous...

Not really matey mentioned it in a previous thread, just a list of all the 'X' press/magazine long term fleet and hack cars and those that may have mingled it with the maze 

Big Rat

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mark6pot said:

Just got my original hpi check for this car sent to me again from hpi free of charge.

Not looked at it yet but will do soon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mark6pot said:

Just got my original hpi check for this car sent to me again from hpi free of charge.

Not looked at it yet but will do soon.

Looking forward to the info matey !

Big Rat

Just now, emjay82 said:

I didn't think the ultrasonic blue was available in the UK before a 10 plate. If someone has purchased this vehicle they've bought a pup. 

My bad, was looking at a couple of cars back then including Audi's and got mixed up. 

It is a March 2011 vehicle but there was a mileage discrepancy, over 50000 miles on its previous plate then it was written off and then repaired in 2012 and registered under another plate with just over 19000 miles on it.